"For someone who's highly unpopular, you seem to be at every party. What, your dopeman meets you here or something?"

She digs one hand in her pockets and shrugs. "Or something." I side-eye her as she brings the glass rim to her lips and gazes back at me.

I don't say anything. Instead, I abandon my drink on the table and meet up with Brooklyn in the middle of the crowd.

"Back for seconds Addypoo?" She smirks, and I roll my eyes before telling her to shut up and clash my lips against hers. I feel her lips twist up into a smile before she grabs the back of my neck and deepens it. We eventually come up for air, and the whole party is gawking at us and cheering. The football team boo's from their corner, but it's not enough to end the crowd's excitement.

"That was nice," Brooklyn says, and I turn to see Macy still standing in the same spot I left her. She looks down at the ground before walking out the front door.

"Adelaide, bitch did you just come out as a lesbian in front of the whole school?" Gina says, hooking her arm around mine and dragging me away from Brooklyn. I'll thank Gina later because I know Brook will talk my ear off about it. If only she knew I was just using her to get back at Macy. Let's just hope she never finds out.

"Welcome to the land of baby gays. The world isn't as rich or full of color as our closets are... but it'll do." We burst out laughing and continue to dance with only each other.

Gina and I finish the night off getting drunk and having to call my dad for a lift home. We wait outside at three in the morning in our thin layer of clothes, teeth chattering in the cold. "Night Adelaide!" A bunch of juniors yell from across the parking lot. I struggle to wave back, and we all giggle at how messed up we are. Many groups of friends had assigned designated drives amongst themselves. While others called their personal drivers to come to get them. My lovely personal chauffeur is my father, and right on que, she rolls up in front of us.

She gives us that disappointed look as her window rolls down, and Gi and I continue to giggle. I yank the handle and almost break a nail from pulling on a locked door.

My dad shakes her head laughing at us, and finally unlocks the door. We shuffle into the back seat and lean against each other as the car begins to move again.

"Seatbelt Sweet Pea." I hear another voice and force my tired eyes open.

"Oh shit, Mommy Reed, is that you?" Gi asks, leaning forward. She gets shoved back into her seat.

"Yes Gina, it's me."

"Hi, Mommmyyyy" I scoot up and hug her from behind.

"Hi, baby. Seat belt please."

"Yes ma'am," I say in my cutest, don't be mad at me for getting a drunk voice.

"This is your doing, Alexandria."

"What? How is this my fault?"

"Because you allow her to go to all these parties."

"Noooo. We collectively agreed to let her go."

"True. But she gets all this partying shit from you."

"What? No? How?"

"Al, don't lie. I know this was how you were in high school."

"You're right. You're right." Dad says, laughing as she turns down another street. I try to focus on the seat in front of me to not get nauseous. "At least she was responsible enough to call us instead of them getting behind the wheel intoxicated."

"Yup.... yup... we'reeee smartttt." I wag my finger and grin with my eyes closed, seeing nothing but darkness behind them.

"How was the party, girls?"

"Grreeaaatttt. Your daughter came out as a lesbian in front of the whole school."

"No... not the whole school," I say, poking her in the temple.

"Liessss." Gi giggles and falls over.

"Well yeah, most of the school. They all liked it, except for Chase and his bobble-headed homophobic goons."

"Was Macy there?" My dad asks.

"Ew noooo. Don't make me barf from hearing her disgusting name."

"Ohhh?" I hear Mom hum, and I look out at the lights floating in the air along the roadside. "What happened between you two?" I try to count the dancing street bulbs but continue to lose count.

"She is... a bitch." I whine, crossing my arms. "She said I was self-centered... and an ego... tistical... jerk." Pouting, I draw circles on the window. "Said I was a coward... I'm not... a coward. Well, maybe I am... but she didn't have to say it... like that. She hurt my feelings."

The car is silent, and I look at Gina snoring next to me. The car comes to a stop, and I shove her shoulder. "Wake up Babycakes! We're home!" I yell, and Mom and Dad shush me.

They each open a door and help us out. I stumble into Dad's arms. "You lied to me."

"About?" She says, unlocking the front door and dragging me to my room.

"Macy." She doesn't answer me and sits me on my bed next to Gina. They each take our shoes off and lay us down on my bed. "Just remember she's not a lost cause Princess." Dad kisses my forehead and rubs the area, and pulls the blanket over us. "We can talk about this when you sober up." I groan, and Mommy moves past her to kiss my cheek.

"You two aren't mad at me right?" I pout with my bottom lip sticking out.

I hear them chuckling, "No baby, we're not mad at you."

I whine and roll over, extending my pinkie towards them. "Promise?"

My parent's both wrap their pinkies around mine at the same time. "We, promise." They say simultaneously.

"Okay, good."

They walk towards the door, "We're not mad, however, you are grounded. You might not remember me saying this, but we'll be sure to remind you when you wake up."

All I see is their bright smiles before the lights go out.