"Link suffered severe head trauma and critical injuries to the rest of his body," the doctor tells me what I already know. "Sometimes it can take longer for a patient to wake up after such events. We will run more tests, but as of right now, it's impossible to tell why he isn't waking up."

The man leaves the room as if this didn't concern him at all. I look at Mipha to see her reaction to all of this. I have gotten used to leaning on her when it comes to medical stuff. If she is calm, so am I. However, right now, she is holding on to Link's hand as if it were her lifeline. This isn't good, is it?

"I need some fresh air, excuse me," I say to them, breathless from the growing ball of anxiety sitting in my throat. What if Link is going to remain in a coma? What if the doctors can't figure out why he isn't waking up? How will this affect his health?

"Zelda–" Impa tries to stop me from leaving but I'm already out the doors. It's as if my mind turned off. The walk to my car is a blur, all I know is that I'm driving out of the parking lot now. I don't even know where I'm going, I just need to get away from the hospital for an hour or two.

I've been living in that depressing building for five days straight. I slept by Link's side every night only to wake up every morning while he didn't. I haven't attended school, I haven't eaten... All I've done is wait and wait for hours to go by. The thought of Link looking up at me and telling me that everything is going to be alright was the only thing that kept me going. I was told it could take up to 72 hours for him to wake up, but now...

I was okay with the waiting because it had a timer; a number of hours after which the waiting was supposed to stop. Now, this certainty has been taken away and I don't know if I can continue what I have been doing for the last week, not knowing when it will stop.

I drive for a while. In silence. Not once do I take my eyes off the road. When I finally take a look around, I find myself on a familiar road. I don't even remember how I got here, but suddenly I'm at the frat house. I'm parked in their driveway before I know it. I wanted to be alone, why are my legs taking me to the front door?

The porch is covered in candles, cards, flowers, get-well-soon balloons... It's painful to see. I see the good intentions behind it, but it just makes all of this too real... I don't know if I can do this for much longer. Especially now that the doctors are as clueless as me. It scares me! The thought of losing Link is just so painful and there is no medicine or treatment for my heartache. There is absolutely nothing that can be done to stop this pain inside of me! I'm freaking myself out with these thoughts!

I look up at the door. Should I knock? Should I just walk in? Should I leave before somebody sees me? I need someone to tell me that I'm overreacting. I need Revali. But I don't know if I can take his rude comments today... I don't know what I want... I can't decide if I want to be alone or not.

"Just leave me alone!" I hear Revali shouting from the back. At least he knows what he wants. I walk around the house and get to the back yard where I spot Kafei. He has one hand on his hip and is looking up at the roof. I follow his eyes; Revali is sitting on the lower part of the roof, his legs dangling off the edge. He has his bow in hand and doesn't make eye contact with us.

Kafei notices me and gives me a soft smile. "Hey, Zelda. Any news? How is he?"

"He's okay. Still sleeping," I say with strain. "What's going on here?"

"Revali's been refusing to help set up the party. He's being even more of a pain than usual."

"Fuck you," Revali snarls and aims an arrow at an empty beer bottle lying in the rear back of the yard.

"Come on man, get down before you hurt yourself," Kafei says to him.

"Or others," I mutter, looking at all the arrows stuck in the fence and the lawn.