Part thirteen

Rescue

Mayor's POV

"Breaking news! Abnormally large animals are out rampaging and attacking civilians in the city of Tokyo. The police in the area are trying their best to peacefully get the beasts under control, but we still advise people to stay indoors until this blows over. From what we know, three anti-beastmen groups have just been killed and a few hostile civilians as well. We're currently not sure what the reason behind these attacks are, either way it would be very dangerous for any humans to leave their homes or try to remain calm if you do happen to encounter one of these animals. That being said..."

I turn off the sound on the television screen as I continued my conversation with Sylvasta, "Alan, you have to listen to me! Those animals on the news isn't something we can ignore, they're beastmen and they seem to be very active in that city." I rub my forehead, both in frustration and annoyance, ever since Michiru and Fang left these big animals have been roaming Tokyo city. My hunch is that these belonged to Fang and they were a way of luring out Alan, and this arrogant jerk acted like he had absolutely nothing to do with Oogami's disappearance. "Mayor, as I told you, I have no idea what these things are doing here. And I most certainly have no idea what had happened to Oogami." I could easily tell that he was lying by his snide reply, what's worse was that I had no idea how to prove that he was lying. "Well, according to those hunters, you were their employer. Now, I have a lot of questions about this. Firstly, why would they give your name if they know you're not a man to mess with? And second, how could anyone outside this city, except you, have an exact image of Oogami and why would they have him on their target list? Answer me that, Alan." He stayed quiet for a while, either to think of an excuse or to confess to his crime. What I didn't expect though, was for him to start chuckling like I was being hilariously stupid right now. "Oh mayor, you and I both know that a lot of people would want Shirou Oogami in their grasp." 'Okay... Really confused right now.' I look at the TV-screen again, this time it showed a crocodile grabbing a woman by the leg and swinging her around in its jaw while two policemen are trying to help her. The image wasn't really helping me with anything, and I still had no idea what Alan was talking about. "What are you talking about?" I could practically see the smirk on his face as he responded with 'yet another' snide comment, "Well mayor, now this surprises me. I thought that Oogami would share his little secret, with you of all people. As far as I know, you two go way back." I roll my eyes at his unnecessarily long reply. "Funny, wonder why he never told you that Fang was his mother."

"Mother!?" Shock was an understatement, I had so many questions about all this, most led to me killing Oogami for not telling me. "Well, mayor... I'll leave you to all your questions, and I do hope that you find him before this gets more out of control. Bye now." Before I could say anything, Alan hung up on me making me even more frustrated and furious. "Why you..." I took a deep breath, trying to calmly assess the situation I was in. After a lot of thinking I decided to call the police and tell them to find Savage or Savanna. "Both seemed to be like those beastmen on the news, which means that they must have some relation with Fang."
"That's an interesting theory mayor, but what if you're wrong?" Tachiki asked over the phone in concern.
"Well, we don't really have that many options do we..."
"There is one thing, mayor. We've checked a few security cameras and discovered that the beastmen, Fang, has been staying with Giuliano Flip from the Family. Maybe if we question him we can get a more clearer picture of what's going on here."
I thought about it for a moment, "That will be the safer option... Alright, let's do it quickly."

Flip glared at us as we sat across from him in his office. "Yes, I did house her in my home because that was the polite thing to do."
"Please, the only reason polite thing you've ever done was help Oogami safe the city. And even then were you only doing it for your profit." Tachiki said with a challenging tone, which of course didn't sit well with Flip.
"You're right, I did get some benefit out of having her in my home. In fact, you should be thanking me. Due to my hospitality she's agreed not to wreak havoc in AnimaCity, you're welcome."
Tachiki jumped up in anger, his beast form now appearing, "How can you be this never minded when there are people in danger out there!" Flip transformed into his beast form and the two of them glared at each other. I quickly got on my feet to stop the fight that was about to begin, "Enough! This fighting isn't helping anyone," I looked at Flip, "Flip, we need your cooperation. Fang is a dangerous beastmen who won't hesitate to hurt anyone, and if Sylvasta decides to keep Oogami captive here, in AnimaCity, she will most definitely level AnimaCity to get him back. Please help us, not just for us, but for you as well." He furrowed his brows as he thought about it, then sighed and opened one of his drawers to take out a burner cell phone. He searched through his contacts and then dialed an unknown number, it rang a few times before someone answered it. "Speak." Given that it was a female's voice and it had that venomous tone I knew exactly who it was, Fang. "Fang, I have someone here that wants to talk to you," Flip said and after a few seconds Fang answered, "I'm busy, what is it?" He rolled his eyes and gave the burner to me, I wasted no time in answering, "Fang I need to talk to you, please. Don't hang up, just listen to me, we need to work together on this and I think I know how." I was quiet for a very long time, I almost thought she hung up but then she finally spoke again. "You have ten minutes, make it count."