“Okay,” I nodded and we continued with planning.

“If we come in here, take out the guards here, we can then infiltrate here and take the ring leaders out,” Emmett suggested while pointing to various parts of the blueprint.

“Or just blow our way through here and call it done,” Rosalie rolled her eyes.

“No, I think the best way would go through here, take down the ring leaders right away and security system before going to the holding rooms and rescuing the others,” Sam countered. “Plus if Tara is in one of these other places, heaven help her, we’ll get to her first,” he added quietly while glancing at me.

I met his eyes and agreed. “It seems to be the best plan to me so far.”

“Well we have to think about penetration. It’s not a piece of cake to just go in and take down the ring leaders. It sounds nice when you say it, but in reality it’s not so,” Sara pointed out.

Thus, we spent the next hour developing strategies and deciding on how we would attack, etc. Once that was over with, Sara brought up the topic of information. “The White Circle has been gathering information for years now. It would be a waste to burn it all up. We may as well take what they had. Even if the means of how they attained it is horrid, tI’d be best to. I don’t want their deaths be for absolutely nothing.”

There were murmurs of agreement around so we spent another half hour on sorting out that.

Finally, we got to the part I was most anxious for. The timeframe.

“So when is this all going to happen?” Rosalie cut right to the point.

“Well we should rest a little bit from traveling and be sure to get all details and kinks worked out...so a couple days,” Sam said vaguely.

“That doesn’t quite answer the question,” Rosalie replied.

“If the wolves rest tomorrow and we made sure everything is solid the day after, we can attack the third day here,” Jasper spoke up.

We thought about this for a moment before Carlisle asked, “Any objections?”

Although I wanted to jump up and scream, “No! That’s not soon enough! She needs me now,” I couldn’t and thus didn’t. Since no one protested, Carlisle made the executive decision to make that timeframe final.

“I have to get back now before they start wondering,” Sara said. “It was tricky enough getting out of there and I have to take time to get your smells off of me.”

Thus the meeting was unanimously adjourned.

Before she ran off, I grabbed Sara’s cold arm. “I already know what you’re going to say and the answer is I simply don’t know,” she said coldly. “I’ve had to walk on eggshells coming back as it were and cannot blow this by asking about a specific prisoner!”

“Okay, I get it. You don’t have to be so snappy about it. What happened to you? After Tara brought you back, you were so much cheerier and now you’re almost as cold as Rosalie.”

“That is what I have to be here-an emotionless servant for the damned White Circle. Tara brings happiness into my life too. When she’s gone I’m not as happy, especially when she’s being tortured as a prisoner. In order to get my best friend back alive, I have to be this cold. It comes with being a servant of the White Circle. Now if you'll excuse me, I must be going now. You won’t see me until after the fight now. Goodbye Conner.” Sara spun away from me and in less than a blink of an eye, was gone.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair before going back to our tent. Mirabelle and Seth were curled in a sleeping bag in one corner fast asleep while I found Rena had been waiting for me.

“What’d they say?” she asked quietly.

“Two days from tomorrow. That’s when it’ll happen,” I answered and sat next to her. “Sara didn’t know how Tara was. We planned everything out now. Seth and Quil will stay behind with you and Mirabelle. We’ll regroup at this camp afterwards.”

“Okay...” she trailed off, processing this information.

“C’mon, let’s sleep. You’ve had a hard time with all this traveling,” I urged.

She complied, snuggling deeper into her sleeping bag as I laid nearby. Just as I was about to drift into sleep, she whispered, “Is she okay?”

“I’m not sure,” I sighed. “She’s not dead, and hasn’t been affected too much physically. That’s about as much as my bond can say.”

“Okay. That makes me feel better,” she gave a faint smile.

“Just keep smiling Rena,” I smiled back. “Everything will turn out okay. Just rest now.”

She gave a small nod and closed her eyes. Soon her breathing was slow and regular just as I found I couldn’t fall asleep.

What I had said was true, Tara hadn’t been hurt badly yet. But I knew, deep down, I knew by the time we got to her she would not be okay. And she knew it too. I wanted to run there and just take her out now, but that couldn’t happen. It was more than just me, and more than just her. It was about righting a wrong. So I had to be patient. I had to bear the agony of knowing it would not be okay and resist the urge to do something about it in order for this to work.

I had no choice.

With this thought I tossed and turned for some time, before my body’s exhaustion took over and I slept, only to have nightmares of what they might do to her.

***************************************

So...two weeks...yeah it ended up being like two days xD But seriously, the next one prob wont be for a few weeks. I really need to work on my college class instead! Also the next chapter will be longer, I promise! (since i got through this chapter, the writing will come a lot easier now) Also, expect one freaking awesome chapter ;)   Love you~

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN