57. Death Remains Permanent

IT BEGAN WITH A NOTE.

   Just a simple note left for Nia, Sara and Stela, hanging tied around the thin leg of a crow. Though the note wasn't from Phil or Technoblade. It was from Punz, who had gone to Technoblade in hopes of finding Nia. He asked Phil and Technoblade whether they'd want to help, too, but they refused, because they have no bad blood with Dream. Not yet, at least. So instead, he requested for his message to be sent forward — to the Trix.

   It was a regular note, a simple message inside. Come to the Dream SMP. Nothing more, nothing less.

   The Trix did as was asked of them.

   And now they stand by the portal to the Nether, looking around the army that Punz has accumulated. Niki talks with Sara, sporting Wilbur's coat again. Stela engages in a conversation with Ranboo, who is worried for his friends that have deliberately plunged themselves into the arms of danger, thinking they would come back whole and unharmed.

   Nia chews on her bottom lip. She doesn't know how long ago Tommy and Tubbo left to face Dream. For all they know, the two boys might be dead, or on the verge of death. She wants to go and help them, but nobody knows where exactly they'd gone, and how long it would take to get to the base.

   Punz is nowhere to be seen.

   The princess looks around the portal, noting others that gathered to bring down Dream. The Badlands are here — Sam, Bad and Ant. She also sees Ponk, Puffy, Callahan, Sapnap and Quackity. Her eyes stop on H Bomb and Eret, standing together on the side.

   Her eyes linger on the king for a while longer, she hasn't seen them longer than she realized. They turn their head in her direction, as if sensing that Nia's watching, and they smile at her, gracing her with a small elegant wave.

   The princess smiles back.

   The sword hanging on her hip feels heavy, and she fights the urge to shift on the balls of her feet or tap her foot on the ground. Both of those actions would induce nervosity, and she doesn't want people to know how exactly worried she is for Tommy.

   That boy betrayed her.

   It hurt, more than she would anticipate. But somehow, he still seems to have a strong clutch around her heart. He doesn't even know about it, but Tommy truly does have the ability to beguile almost anybody he interacts with. He makes people adore and love him, and he doesn't even mean to. He doesn't mean to, but he makes people want to sacrifice their lives for him, almost like he's the center of the world.

   Dream hates Tommy for it. The boy has so much power without even realizing it — Dream wants it.

   "Huh, what's going on around here?" someone new appears by the Nether portal. New, as in came late, but the person themselves are familiar to Nia. She grins brightly, watching the god with golden skin and shark armor walk toward her.

   "Foolish," she mumbles under her breath, watching the god stride forward. He glances at Sam and Ponk, nodding in acknowledgment, his wave to Eret going unnoticed by the king, and then his eyes set on Nia.

   His eyes widen in surprise first, gaping at the princess. A smile makes its way to his lips, the corners of his mouth lifting, until eventually an excited giggle leaves his lips, swiftly making his way toward her.

   "Nia!" he exclaims, immediately opening his arms to go in for a hug. Nia laughs in sheer joy, hugging the god back. His arms around her waist, he lifts Nia up and spins her around. "You're here!"