47. Nothing Bad Ever Happens at a Festival

"SHE SAVED MY LIFE, QUACKITY, WE CAN'T DO THIS."

   Tubbo stands opposite his Vice President, shaking his head in disagreement after Quackity came with the idea that they should also execute Nia. It only makes sense to him, as the woman has ties to both Technoblade and Dream.

   Quackity has become unnerved and aggravated after the first two hours of the festival. It's the Green Festival, specifically meant for Dream. He was meant to show up, unarmored and weaponless. Easy prey for the butcher army, making sure that Dream never bothers L'Manburg again. But he's nowhere to be seen.

   So, Quackity's outlet for the frustration of Dream's absence is to take the second best option. Execute Nia, hurt Technoblade and possibly Dream. He doesn't even realize how mad, yet genius a notion that is, if he were trying to make his enemies seek vengeance.

   "She's an anarchist, Tubbo. She's going to help Technoblade destroy L'Manburg the moment they get the chance to do so. I'm just taking precautions."

   "Like you were with Technoblade?"

   Quackity raises an eyebrow at the President, and Tubbo caves in immediately, a quiet 'sorry' on his lips for the remark. Tubbo acts as if the snappy comment wasn't fair.

   "Look, Tubbo, all I'm saying is that one day, she's gonna come here being less friendly than she is now, and she's gonna want to blow up everything we've worked for these past few months."

   Tubbo shakes his head. "She saved my life, Quackity. You know, on that day when you stood by and watched me get nearly killed on the stage in front of everybody?"

   Quackity stays quiet for a moment, the guilt of that day briefly reflecting in his eyes. He snaps out of it almost immediately. "It doesn't matter if she saved your life or not. L'Manburg is in danger one way or another. There's so many threats, Tubbo, and you're just refusing to deal with them because of what? Because you're friends with them?"

   "She saved your life, too, Big Q," Tubbo murmurs quietly, shaking his head. The boy looks at Quackity, his eyes grazing over the scar that covers half of his Vice President's face. "We found you unconscious in a puddle of your own blood, but completely healed. And Fundy saw Nia run in the direction of the sewers."

   "Tubbo, I don't fucking know if you've got the memo yet, but I don't give a shit. If she saved my life, that's on her. I mean, it's great that she did, but she's still no less of a threat to our fucking country."

   Tubbo presses his lips together, blinking a few times. He eyes Quackity, knowing that he won't drop the idea. Just like Tubbo won't be able to convince him of a different course of action. He doesn't have enough gumption to stand up to Quackity either. Tubbo wants to protect his country, and if Quackity thinks Nia's execution is for the best, then he'll let him do whatever he wants.

   "Fine," Tubbo sighs. "But I won't help you."

   "That's fine with me. I can ask literally anyone else at this festival." Quackity shrugs indifferently to his President's genuine approval.

   Nia smiles, watching Sara, Stela and many others — not just L'Manburgians — play one of Fundy's minigames that are meant to entertain the guests at the festival. Eret, H Bomb, Ponk and Punz are here, and Nia was introduced to the newest member of the Dream SMP, Captain Puffy, as well.