30. The Unfinished Symphony, Forever Unfinished

AUTHOR'S NOTE !

this being the chapter i publish on my birthday is very pog. i am now the same age as jack manifold, ayup! i am also dedicating this chapter to bee, my beloved, who reads this fic religiously and is my fellow techno kinnie. we miss technoblade tg lol that's it for the a/n lol

   "TECHNOBLADE, WHAT THE HELL?"

   The Pogtopians, people who up to this point were allies, stare at Techno and Nia. The two exchange glances, nodding slightly.

   "Listen, everyone!" Technoblade exclaims to get people's attention, clutching his crossbow and pointing it at the L'Manburgians standing across him.

   "I did not spend months gathering supplies, planning this revolution and getting you guys gear to take down Manburg, just so you can go and replace one tyrant with another," he says, shaking his head.

   "Don't you see what's happening here? Don't you see history repeating itself? You think Schlatt was the cause of your problems? No! It was government! Power corrupts!"

   "I got your back," Dream whispers to Nia.

   She turns to look at him, nodding with a weak smile.

   "What— what are you saying?" Fundy steps forward, though Tommy and Tubbo are still the ones standing in the front line. He gazes at Technoblade, Nia and Team Chaos, just like everyone else, in shock.

   "Are you against the government?" inquires Eret, as if that's not exactly what Techno just said.

   "Are you drunk, too?" Quackity narrows his eyes at the anarchist.

   Technoblade rolls his eyes, shaking his head. "I'm saying that we need to have no government." Clutching his sword tightly, he keeps eye contact with Tommy.

   "Techno?" Niki's voice is barely a whisper.

   Nia catches onto the scared and disappointed tone in Niki's voice, despite her being so quiet. And a frown crosses her face as she thinks of the many times that she spoke of being against the government alongside Technoblade.

   Sara stares at Nia intently, the two women standing against each other this time around, the outcome of their differing opinions finally showing. They went from fighting together as allies to possibly fighting against each other.

   Shaking her head, Nia glances at Dream, who sneaks up on Tommy. The blonde boy notices just in time to dodge Dream's axe, which would've possibly killed or severely injured the boy had he not ducked in time.

   "I see I was wrong to rely on other people," Technoblade sighs, and another fight ensues, commenced by Dream who attacked Tommy.

   Stela is gone. She disappeared around the same time Wilbur did, except Nia doubts that she would've gone to help Wilbur blow up L'Manburg — or stop him. If she left, then she'd have to be somewhere else.

   Nia doesn't want to fight anymore. A lot of these people, she'd even consider friends, and fighting them would go against her skin. She'd already done terribly when faced against Dream.