25. I Am Ready For Revolution, Boys!

TWO DAYS UNTIL THE WAR.

   Despite all of the preparation for war, it is not an unknown fact that most of the Pogtopians are under-equipped, lacking in proper gear that is armor, a good sword or any other weapon, and potions.

   Sara, Stela and Niki have worked on making some potions together, Nia occasionally helping them, but they've made barely enough for five people, let alone the actual number of Pogtopians.

   "We only have diamond armor, and considering Dream is a much better fighter than us and has netherite, that already puts us at a huge disadvantage," says Sara, looking at her friends and fellow Pogtopians.

   She examines the group, the only people with full available netherite armor being Nia, Technoblade, Fundy and Tubbo. Tommy had to discard of his during the festival, as he would've died otherwise.

   "Have you tried asking the Badlands if they don't have any additional equipment?" questions Stela with a raised brow. She doesn't have armor of her own, but that's a personal preference as she doesn't wear armor at all. Mostly to teleport easier.

   "I did — they don't," Sara sighs, shaking her head.

   "Uh, I might have something," Technoblade says, raising his arm as if he's in class and has to raise his hand in order to speak. Nia finds it endearing.

   Everyone turns their attention to the piglin, and his shoulders slump slightly under the scrutinizing gazes of his peers. He glances at Nia briefly, and she smiles thinly at him, offering some sort of comfort despite this being his fault. He brought attention to himself.

   Though it still comes to Nia as a surprise that despite Techno trying to avoid her most times, he looks to her for comfort whenever he gets more attention than he'd like. The question is whether it's because deep down, he still considers her a friend of his, or if it's simply because she's the only person who understands as she's known him long enough to know this.

   "What is it, Technoblade?" Tommy presses at the anarchist, and Techno is snapped back into reality, his eyes darting between every Pogtopian that is staring at him expectantly.

   "I'll just— I'll just show you," he says quietly, turning on his heel and starting to walk out of Pogtopia. "Follow me and don't stray. It's not far."

   Nobody questions Techno, marching closely behind him. Nia stays behind the group of Pogtopians with Wilbur, who has a content smile on his lips. That of a winner. Because when it comes to Wilbur, no matter who wins the battle; he'll win the war. In a way. And by extension, even the anarchists.

   "You're not looking after me because you disagree with me, are you, Nia?" Wilbur asks.

   Technoblade and the rest of the group slowly approach an oak tree near the river. The piglin comes closer to the trunk, removing fallen leaves off the ground to uncover a trapdoor that leads underground.

   "No, I'm really not, Wilbur." Nia shakes her head, earning a grin from Wilbur.

   "Good."

   "My base is underneath the river, so . . ." Technoblade explains, beckoning everybody to enter the tunnel, going down the ladder and directly into Techno's base.

   Wilbur and Nia are the last people to enter before Technoblade closes the trapdoor after them. They climb down, appearing in a very simple and subtle arrangement of mined rooms.

   There's a clock on the wall, a crafting table and other things such as that on one side, chests filled with miscellaneous items on the other. It feels disorganized but orderly at the same time.