49. You Still Homeless, Dream?

NIA STANDS INSIDE THE COTTAGE.

   Technoblade and Philza are frantically running around, trying to sort their inventories, wondering what to bring and what to not bother with. The only set item being a good amount of wither stars — though much less than what Techno actually has.

   Nia doesn't know what to do. She already has everything she could possibly need, merely worrying about Sara, who chose to stay in L'Manburg still, and Stela, who retreated back to their base after helping Nia and Technoblade flee from the festival.

   Why did Dream decide to put the destruction of L'Manburg for such an early date after he got a hold of the second disc, she doesn't understand. It's war they're preparing for. Everybody could use a little bit more time. Especially when both sides aren't ready.

   Of course, it would've been different if the anarchists were ready. But they are not, therefore Nia has every right to complain.

   "Here, take these," Technoblade mumbles, handing Nia a backpack filled with all sorts of potions that will help them in the battle. She raises an eyebrow at him, but he disappears into the cellar within seconds, getting more ingredients for potions with Phil.

   Deeply inhaling, Nia makes her way outside to take a breather, slightly overwhelmed by the accelerated preparations. Though when she steps foot onto the porch of Techno's cabin, she gets a whiff of green.

   Dream is here.

   Arching an eyebrow, she speaks up, waiting for Dream to appear in front of herself. "I didn't think you would remember where Technoblade lives."

   Chuckling, the blonde appears before her, a whiff of purple particles spottable in the distance. He's wasting ender pearls because he knows he can.

   Dream's hoodie is down, but he still has his mask on. Mainly due to Techno and Phil being nearby, and him not feeling comfortable enough to have his mask off in front of them.

   "I could hardly forget. I mean, remember that awesome deal you declined? That was pretty close to this cabin."

   Nia can hear the smirk in his voice as he hints at Tommy, pressing onto the aching wound in her heart that is still fresh. The princess regrets telling Tommy those awful things she did during the festival, but he did betray her. It's nothing pleasant to experience.

   "Yes." Nia grits her teeth, meeting Dream's face with a deadpan.

   He shrugs. "Well, I remember," says Dream. "Literally neither of you were willing to tell me where Tommy is." Nia glares at him, when he laughs in amusement. "Look where that got you."

   Techno notices Nia's deadly glower and Dream standing on his porch with a raised brow. Deciding to help Nia and get her out of a possibly uncomfortable situation, he smugly grins for himself.

   "Hey, Dream, you still got no house?" he pokes the bees' nest, referencing the last time Dream has visited the cottage, looking for Tommy.

   "I'm not homeless!" Dream exclaims at once, his tone defensive. His head turns toward Technoblade. "I told you already. My house is huge and full of redstone and everything."

   Nia glances between Techno and Dream, donning an amused smile. "What is that about?"

   "NOTHING!"

   "Dream doesn't have a house."

   The two speak at once. Techno mocks Dream, while the blonde glares at the piglin, his murderous stare burning through the mask he wears.