16. Chaos Has To Start Somewhere

"WHAT?"

   Leaves Nia's lips. She wants to step forward and do something, but she something keeps her rooted in place as she watches Technoblade stall and avoid the obvious call for execution.

   "What?" Technoblade cocks his head to the side, staring at Schlatt. "Do you want me to get him some breakfast? Get him a nice coat? Wh-what do you mean take care of him?"

   "Maybe, uh, maybe show him the nice five-course dinner, you know?" says Schlatt, using an euphemism, hoping that Technoblade will understand. But he understood the first time around. Very well. He just doesn't want to hurt Tubbo.

   "Alright, then, I'll take him now." Technoblade nods, glancing between Schlatt and Quackity. Though they continue to speak, naming different meals. None of which are real - at least not in this sense.

   "Maybe that restaurant over there?" The piglin points in a distance to a random spot.

   "There's no restaurant there," Fundy mumbles under his breath, making a face.

   "I-I don't want to," says Tubbo, shaking his head.

   "Tubbo, you're not hungry?"

   "No, no, I'm not hungry."

   "Tubbo. You are very hungry. Let's go to that restaurant there," says Technoblade, a desperate edge to his voice that can be easily missed. He knows what Schlatt is asking of him, and he's trying his best to avoid that outcome.

   "Tubbo, please," Nia whispers, looking at the brunette boy. But he's too busy glancing in between Schlatt, Quackity and Technoblade.

   "Technoblade. We're running on a tight schedule here."

   "Alright, then. What do you want from me, Mr. President?"

   "I mean . . ." Schlatt glances between Tubbo and Technoblade. "You know I call you in only for special favors, right? You and I . . . we go way back, right?"

   "What are you talking about, Mr. President?" Technoblade raises an eyebrow at him.

   "Schlatt, what are you actually talking about?" questions Quackity, seemingly catching up onto Schlatt's thinking process and his aim.

   "This man needs a special favor," says Schlatt, looking at Tubbo. "Techno. I need you to take him out."

   "What?!"

   "To dinner?" asks Technoblade, playing dumb.

   It takes everything in Nia's power not to laugh in this situation. She stands up from her seat, only to be approached by Punz, who shakes his head and forces her back into the chair.

   "Punz, what are you doing?" she asks, staring at him in disbelief.

   "No interfering," the man says. "Just keep watching and let it happen."

   "But they want to-"

   "Let them be, Nia. The chaos has to start somewhere."

   "What?"

   Punz shrugs, and Nia notices something lime green in the distance behind the blonde mercenary.

   Dream is here. He's watching, and he's waiting.

   What the fuck is going on?

   "I want you to kill him!" Schlatt exclaims, pointing at Tubbo. "You're gonna kill him right now!"