Chapter Eighteen

Chaos in the Funeral

Graycia

I almost drop my phone, Jaklen turned his gaze to mine and gave me a what-happen-to-you-look. I just shook my head saying that it was nothing. I decided to leave and come back inside. The visitors are giving me their condolences.

"Graycia, I felt sorry for your lost" It was my Tita from Chicago. Since I'm not in the mood to talk with them, I just smile at her and walk away.

I have to think or make a plan to give justice to my father. I'm not a Lawyer or even Detective, but based on what happens here in the Philippines, some cases haven't been given justice yet. I'm not underestimating the Lawyers but some case has been forgotten until there's a new case that needs to solve. Whoever killed my Father, I will not forgive them.

I remember what Jaklen's said, he wanted to help me to take down the killer of my Dad. The case will be easy if I've told him that I have the proof about my Dad's killer, the necklace that dropped. I have my reasons, of course, first is who knows if that killer we already know, we already meet, we already talk or it could be my relatives and friends. For now, I shouldn't trust anyone because anyone might be the suspect. If ever that the suspect is we known yet, she or he could've known about the necklace as a shred of evidence. She or he might take action, that way we can't know the killer easily. I should've been careful with my moves.

I sat beside my mom while she was having a conversation with my relatives. They talk about how kind and strong my Dad was. I agree with them. Dad is super kind maybe that's why many people envied him. But sadly, he already passed away. Since my Dad is a politician, people need his help.

"Ito na pala si Graycia? Ang laki na pala niya noh? Kamukhang-kamukha niya ang kaniyang ama." I back into reality when I heard my name.
Now, they talk about my Dad's child which is me. Yeah, they're right, I look like my Dad.

"Ah Graycia, she's your Tita Leslie, Magbless ka sa kaniya" Well I'm not used to doing blessings to anyone, but still I followed my Mom. "And this your  Tito Haidus, your Father's younger brother." Oh, I haven't known him before. I know that My Dad has siblings but we don't see each other and some of them are from the other country. Like what I did earlier to my Tita, I blessed also Tito Haidus.

"Kamukhang-kamukha mo talaga si Kuya Graycious" Nakangiti niyang tugon. They don't have to say it again and over again. I already knew that since I'm still a child.

"Hindi ba't may isa pa kayong kapatid? Where is she? Dadating pa ba siya?"

" I don't know eh" 

Tumayo nako at naglakad papalayo sa kaniya. I texted my Mom na uuwi na ako sa bahay. When I got home already, nagpunta akong kwarto at nahiga. A lot of thoughts. Una kong naisip kung sino ba talaga ang killer? I took one of my notebooks and pen. I wrote number one at the top.

1. Since my anonymous texter is named Mr. Jon, it is probably a he. My gut feeling says that he's a guy.

2. He came to our grand rally place where my Dad doing his speech, so probably I should ask the staff there and ask for the CCTV footage.

3. I must have a DNA test on this golden necklace.

Napatulala ako sa necklace na hawak ko while swinging left to right. Nakakaduling habang tinititigan ko. The lace is very thin and heart-shaped. I heard three knocks at the door. When I opened the door I see nothing except the box placed in front of the door. I felt goosebumps all over my body. Isa lang ang nasa isip kong gagawa nito. Iyon ang anonymous texter ko, walang ibang gagawa nun kundi siya, unless may pinag-utusan siya.