Chapter Two

(CTTO)

(CTTO)

The only way

Graycia

"good afternoon attorney, I am graycious's daughter, I'm graycia pleased to meet you, Attorney Hayden"

"Pleased to meet you too, so let us get started, can we?"

I nodded "you're his lawyer, right?"

"yes, actually I visited your father yesterday and we had been talking about his case. I invited you here for some reasons" I raised my right eyebrow. what did he say? he wants to talk to me for some reason and not about my dad's case? "but first, take your seat miss Ziegler and also take your order too, don't worry my treat" he gave me the menu of this famous restaurant.  I ordered a black forest cupcake and strawberry shake, indeed sweets right now.

"so, what is it?"

"already told your father about this. I'm not expecting that you'd still remember me but I am your father's good friend and I'm willing to help your father to win this case. if you're not asking, the zynaired family was known as the great and famous lawyers, especially in Australia. your dad is a great politician, but many people envied him. I think that's why your dad was accused. " the waiter came in and placed my orders. my lips start to curve and my eyes were shining after I'd heard whatever he said. I can't explain how much happy I am. is this good news?

"thank you, attorney" I gave him a genuine smile.

"no problem, but one thing. I knew that your family was struggling with money." I stared at him with a confused face. why did he topic that thing? " I told already this to your dad. I don't know if you'll agree but this is for your goods"

"tell me, you want me to give you a nice job? I'll take it! I looking for a work that fit–"

"marry to my son."

"What?" my eyes widen and I knitted my eyebrows. seriously? I thought this was a piece of good news but I was wrong.

"This is the only way to save your family. I need you to marry my son or I will not help your dad to clean all of his specks of dirt, I knew that this is just an accusation against him but people will never believe your dad again, so this is the only way. and if you'll agree, I'll promise that I will clean his reputation and also raise him again from bottom to the top." his face was still serious. I don't know what I going to say. I'm speechless.

naiipit ako dito! nobody's can help me from this situation! can I teleport? lord? can you please make me invisible?

"give me a time to decide"

"no problem for me. time can wait"

"thank you again, attorney." my genuine smile has vanished.

__

"where have you been Gracia?! kanina pa nagpakilala ang mga candidates ng mga student council! hinahanap ka kanina pero hindi kita mahagilap!"

"I just talked to someone"

"But how about this? wala ka! so pano kana bobotohin? nagbigay nadin sila ng mga platforms! hay naku graycia!"

"I had some good news and also a bad news"

"what are you talking about? mamaya na natin pag-usapan yan, tara na sa room! you know what? sa sobrang galing mag-speech ni jaklen mukhang makukumbinsido niya ang lahat ng students para iboto siya." queenie said.

"whatever, could you just shut up your mouth? I'm very stressed right now" she just sighed and did what I said.

transferee lang naman ang jaklen na iyan noonglast year? bakit kailangan niya pang tumakbo? hindi ba dapat binubully siya dahil bagong salta lang naman siya dito sa school?

"graycia Brielle Zeigler" someone's called my whole name. I turned on my back, it was jaklen. his two hands were placed on his back and he was wearing his circular eyeglasses, as usual.

"what do you want?"

"I knew that you're still mad at me because we'd always arguing something. but we don't need to fight, right?. we need to forget whatever fight we had this past few months, can we? and I'm sorry, please accept my apology–"

"are you insane? after all? I never forgot what you had done to me! nilagyan moba ga naman ng fake cockroaches ang bag ko!"

"pero ikaw naman nauna ah?first day of school pinahiya mo ako dahil lang may nalabag akong rules?buti nga sayo fake lang, but for calm down me? it's so embarrassing, especially since we're in the front of many students!"

"hindi lang basta rules yon! nagtapon ka ng basura kung saan-saan?"

"But you don't need to do that thing!"

"and you want to be a president because of revenge huh?"

"of course not, why would I? I just want to be a president because I want to, you can't stop me"

"why do you need to higher your voice?"

"I'm sorry, please graycia, please cooperate with me. noong last school year pa tayong nagbabangayan." he calms down himself.

"i. would. never. cooperate. with you." I turned around and then walk away from him.

—Coleanne—