Chapter Fifteen

Under the Fireworks

Graycia

Today is a vacation day. It's been months since the campaigning day was done and here we go, we're going to prepare for voting later. Hopefully, citizens will vote for my Dad again. I slept here in our home, not including Jaklen. He must be busy for our dinner date, oh come on! It's Jaklen wants. I woke up here in my cot while stretching my arms. Cleah was already going to the States with her Mom.

I don't know why I feel a bit excited, either because this is the voting day or this is the day of our first date. I remain sitting in my bed while my mind flies away. I miss the presence of this room. I stood up and walk directly to my bathroom and do what I need to do inside. When all was done, I go to my dressing room. Oh gosh! The room wasn't changed, and the arrangement of my closet is still the same.

I pick up my favorite clothes. I wear a plain blue shirt pairing long pants with sneakers for my foot shoe. Don't call me baduy, I just want to be comfortable in my suits. I took downstairs and I saw my Mom preparing some food. Oh well, I probably miss her cooks.

"Oh, Graycia? Let's eat! Anyway, I told Jaklen that eat with us here, para naman matikman niya luto ko. You have to learn how to cook, Graycia. Don't worry, I'll teach you someday, can we?"

"Sure Mom" I took my seat and start to put some packets of rice on my plate.

"Graycia, may plano na si Dad mo bukas kung manalo man siya, magkakaroon ng program para sa lahat ng tao at Ofcourse magpapamigay ng pera at pagkain, ano sama kayo ni Jaklen?"

"Sure, as If I'm free, there's no way to say no, especially, since he's my Dad"

"Goodmorning, Tita!"

It's a familiar voice with accents echoed in my ears. I turn my glance at him. Uncommonly, he didn't wear any spectacle on his eyes. His handsomeness leveled up. He just greet me using his killer smile.

"Oh Hijo, kain na! Maya-maya ay aalis na kayo"

He sat beside me and he grinned. "Just ready yourself later" Jaklen whispered.

"Hijo, nasan na ang Mom and Dad mo? Sabay naba sila satin para bumoto?"

"Hindi po tita eh, mamaya daw po sila"

After that, we arrived here at the school. If you're not asking, this is the place we're going to vote for some candidates. There are a lot of people who went here. The time is ticking, I'm yet done voting and waiting for others.

__

I dressed up again, this time I wear a blue sleeveless dress and partnering flattened sandals. It looks so simple but still gorgeous. I find Jaklen's car inside the house but none, even his presence. I waited for him so long in the gateway. Minutes passed, I saw his car and stopped at my front.

I wondered when he jumped out of his car and then he opens the door in the passenger seats, for me? I look so confused, I didn't know before that he was a gentleman like that. I think he just wants to be manly, I guess? He started the car engine. There was a loud silence between us until we reached our destination. When I get outside the car, the place is unfamiliar.

"Before all, close your eyes"

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"Just do it" I shrug my shoulders before I close my eyes.

My heart beats fast when he goes to my back and almost hugs me. He places his hands on my eyes. I feel I'm blushing but hopefully, he didn't notice because the place is dark. We were walking around and I didn't see anything. He uncover my eyes with his hands and I sense that he was standing beside me.