The Night

"How did you even know this was here?" I asked Taylor. I was leaning a little more heavily on him now.

"I come for walks and shit up here sometimes," he replied as he jerked on the door.

I stumbled as he jolted backwards. I reached for the stair railing, but underestimated the gap. I fell to the ground, cursing as I dropped my drinks. Taylor looked down at me from the small porch. I groaned, something digging into my back, before I rolled over and tried to get to my feet. Taylor eventually came down and lifted me under my arms, helping me up the stairs and into the cabin.

I sat down on the cot as he lit a candle. He lit a cigarette and then handed it to me. I rested my head against the wall, closing my eyes as I took a drag of the cigarette. In the distance, I could barely hear the music of the party. I didn't want to open my eyes. My body was relaxed; my mind was happy. Taylor was in a good mood. Finley was an ass, but a caring ass. All was well.

"Let's just live here," I told Taylor. He laughed softly from somewhere on the other side of the cabin. "It's cozy. No one will bug us. It's got a bed. Table. Door. Walls. What else do we need?"

"There's no bathroom."

I shrugged, opening my eyes and looking up at the ceiling. "Eh. Who needs a bathroom? We can be mountain men!" I looked at him, grinning. "We'll get all hairy and stinky and gross and no one will ever fuck with us. We'll live off the fat of the land. Make a life that no one can take away from us!"

He snorted as he walked over and sat next to me. He took a swig from one of the beers I'd brought and handed me one. I didn't drink out of it. The cabin would make a good home.

"It wouldn't work, Gatlin. We'd go nuts."

"Nah," I told him, resting my chin on his shoulder. "We'd be free."

He looked down at me before he lifted my chin so he could kiss me. I closed my eyes, my body completely relaxed as I kissed him back. I reached up and tangled a hand in his hair, pulling him closer to me. One of his hands rested on my chest, the other on my hip as he shifted on the bed. I sighed softly against his lips as his tongue ran over my lips. As I parted them to let him in, something was burning my leg.

I jerked back and looked down to see that the cigarette had burned a hole in my jeans. "Fuck. I'm drunk."

"That's okay," Taylor said as he took the cigarette from me and dropped it into his beer bottle.

"No, no it's not," I said, my hands resting on his chest now. "My parents are going to fucking murder me."

He shook his head, smiling softly at me as he rubbed his nose against mine. "No, they won't."

He pressed his lips against mine again. The thoughts of my parents faded away. Taylor pushed me back against the cot, his hands running down to the hem of my shirt. I shivered as he pulled it off and I jerked at his. I couldn't get it, though. He drew away long enough to yank it off before he pressed his lips firmly against mine.

He ground his hips against mine, one hand taking my arms and pinning them above my head as the other moved down my stomach to my jeans.

In the back of my head, something was screaming at me. As I kissed him, I tried to push the thought away, tried to focus on how good he felt as he undid my jeans and tugged them off. I tried to focus on him as he pulled his jeans off and climbed back on top of me, pressing his weight down on me.

Something about this wasn't right. His hands were on the waistband of my boxers now. I didn't know what wasn't right about it because it felt fucking amazing, but my mind was screaming at me to stop.