FOUR

Jimin was sitting on his stool, his hands moving swiftly around his sculpture. He could hear the faint sound of a guitar in the air and he blushed, his mind wandering over to the stranger he met a few days ago. A man who was slowly making his way inside his heart.

Suddenly, he felt a figure settle themselves on the seat close to his own so he quickly composed himself. He could perceive the scent of vanilla. That was how he knew his aunt was the one sitting beside him.

There was silence. Jimin stopped his work and sighed.

"Spit it out! What do you want?" He said.

Yumi took a deep breath. "What's going on between you and Taehyung?"

Jimin froze. He couldn't stop himself. He was sure his face was deep red.

"I don't know what you're talking about?"

Yumi smiled cheekily. "Don't think you can deceive me. Something is going on between you two"

"You spend a lot of time together and he helps you around the house even without you asking him"

"I wish you could see the way he looks at you..."

She shook her head then continued. "Are you going to keep denying?"

Jimin laughed. "I wish..."

"What?"

"I wish we were dating. I'm just as confused as you are. I have no idea what he's thinking. He pays so much attention to me. Always helps me out, follows me around"

He sighed. "He's giving me a lot of ideas. Yet, he hasn't said anything"

Jimin shook his head. "I'm guessing it's all in my head. I'm blind. Who would ever want a blind man?"

He resumed his work on his sculpture.

"It's better not to have high hopes that I'll ever receive love from anybody"

Suddenly, he heard soft giggles outside. The sound of the guitar had stopped and he could hear Taehyung's voice speaking. He was talking to the new guests that had lodged into the inn. They were two females and according to Yumi's description, really beautiful.

Ever since they came, they had both been vying for Taehyung's attention trying to outdo each other all in a bid to win him over. They were doing so again right at that moment.

"Oppa, I need your help. Please can you accompany me to the park?"

"Oppa, please go on a date with me"

"Okay! Okay! Later!" Taehyung said with laughter in his voice.

Jimin sighed heavily. "You hear that? They're all over him. How can someone like that choose me, a blind guy over those girls"

He sighed in defeat and clicked his tongue. "Just let me dream and imagine that he does like me"

Yumi cocked her head to one side thinking of all the stolen glances she had seen Taehyung give to her nephew, the way he held him whenever he slips. The adoration in his eyes whenever he stares at her nephew.

"I don't think it's your imagination though" Yumi whispered.

They heard the girls outside grumble. Taehyung apologized for something and left. A few seconds later, he was in the backyard standing behind them. Yumi stared at him. She didn't know what to think of him. She didn't know whether to be suspicious of him or to like him but one thing was for certain, Jimin was happy when he was around. As if he sensed his presence, Jimin blushed. Yumi decided it was time to excuse herself. She hated being the third wheel.