Ch. 34:ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴇsᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ

Start from the beginning

Then you all started laughing, and you felt your heart release all of the negativity it'd been holding hostage for the last two weeks. The laughter died down and Jin winked at you. Ah! Did...did he know we all needed that or something? You shook your head. The ways of the Bangtan Boys were mysterious, indeed.

Over lunch on Saturday, you and the Inner Circle filled Jin in on everything that had happened while he was recovering, and Suga came home. Jin cried at seeing him, and you could tell Yoongi was emotional too, but he held his tears back and just beamed at his friend, welcoming him home. You all spent the rest of the weekend together, mostly binging Netflix in the Manor's home theater. It was wonderful. You only wished that Jungkook could've been there, too. For the first time in weeks, you felt as if the mansion was starting to feel like home again, and you were impressed at just how much Jin's presence lifted the spirits of everyone in the entire house.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

That week, Jin was the first to go with you to work, and you were pleased to find a new reporter who was going to be partnered up with you on your latest story. Your editor had asked you to show him the ropes and do some digging. When you asked what the story was, you had to hide your shock. Apparently, one of Jimin's big drug deals had been wiretapped by someone, and your job was trying to identify who the major players were. Your boss was frothing at the mouth for information: Jimin had been unloading eight kilo's of pharmacy-grade meth. He'd apparently tracked old World War II manifests, realized that when the war ended, all that pep they were administering to their bombers had to go somewhere -- they couldn't sell it, or burn it. So Jimin had ferreted out the location of an old, abandoned Air Force post in the US where they had stored the lab-manufactured product, all wrapped up in one-pound blocks, like little presents.

Your partner was flamboyantly gay, openly flirting with Jin and happy when your Bangtan escort flirted harmlessly back. He had introduced himself as Dae-Hyun, but begged you to refer to him as simply Dae. You liked him a lot. He was handsome, friendly, charming, and very polite. Which made you feel a little bit bad that the editor had partnered him up with you, of all people, for this story. You obviously had to work this very carefully; you couldn't let anyone figure out it was Jimin's voice on that tape.

The next day, you and Dae worked the story, talking to witnesses, but they couldn't positively ID anyone

The next day, you and Dae worked the story, talking to witnesses, but they couldn't positively ID anyone. Taehyung trotted along behind you both as you scoured the city streets, having to keep disguising his laughter as coughing fits the whole time. Dae flirted with him too, naturally. After five hours of getting a shitload of nothing, the three of you returned to the Ledger's HQ, Dae discouraged, and you secretly relieved. That night, when you got home, you asked Yoongi what you should do, and he laughed. Suggested you work the story, that Jimin was always bulletproof, even if someone had snitched. But you saw the wheels in his mind turning, and knew he'd be speaking with Jimin about the potential leak, and whether it had come from their side or the other.