Chapter 17

Kakashi's POV

Itachi: Kakashi...

His soft voice filled my ears, as I woke up. He looked so pale yet beautiful, but as I stared into his dark eyes, sadness filled within me. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I just got him back, and I don't think I could live without him after fighting so hard. He's everything to me.

His blank face is what terrified me the most. It made me more nervous than I already was.

Kakashi: Hey baby, I'm here... What's wrong?

Itachi: Baby... there is something I need to te-

I clenched my heart in pain of the hidden truth about to be revealed. I quickly claimed his lips with my own as Itachi's warm tears touched my cold cheek. Please don't leave.

Kakashi: Can we talk about this some other time? I just want to enjoy this happy moment with the love of my life. I've been worried sick ya know?

Itachi: Kakashi this is serious... I couldn't live with myself if I didn't tell you the truth. My parents wouldn't be proud of me...

Mikoto and Fugaku?? What is he talking about?

There was no fighting him on this, but my body was already shutting down out of fear. I already knew that something wasn't right...

Kakashi: A-Alright then Itachi-kun g-go ahead...

Itachi: I'm sick

Kakashi: Oh well we're at the hospital so if you're feeling under the weat-

Itachi: No Kakashi, I'm sick. I have this rare chronic illness and there is no cu-

Kakashi: *voice cracks* N-No you're perfect... Itachi Uchiha is p-perf-perfect.

Itachi: *sobbing* Baby... I wanted to tell you for so long, but I wanted to m-make s-sure. I-I understand if you no longer lov-

Kakashi: Baka! How could you say that when I've waited 8 years for this, for us...? How much time do you have left?

Itachi: About 2-4 years give or take... I still haven't told Sasuke...

I wanted to break so bad, but I couldn't, it's not that I didn't want too, it was more of like my whole body just went numb... it felt like I was already dead inside.

Kakashi: Itachi Uchiha of the Uchiha clan, I have loved you for almost a decade. I spent years waiting for you and for your love and this illness is just an obstacle to test our love. I will love you until your last breath and I plan to love you forever even after that so for the rest of the years you have left will you stay by my side and become my beloved husband? Will you marry me?

I knew Itachi heard what I said since his face was beet red. He's too cute. Little moments like these is what made my heart feel whole.

Itachi: U-Uh s-so how d-do you think I shou-

A slight smirk spread across my face as I leaned closer to his beautiful red face.

Kakashi: I-Ta-Chi, will you be my husband? *whispers* Marry me baby

Itachi: *blushes even more* K-Kakashi Hatake, I love you more than you will ever know and if it is your decision to stand by me through this all then I'd be more than happy to be your husband and marry you... Aishiteru

His warm arms wrapped around me as happiness filled the room.

But deep-down sadness was slowly taking over me... I was going to lose the love of my life and there was nothing I could do about it. I didn't know the pain I was feeling, but I also didn't want Itachi to know these feelings because if he did... I know he'd feel guilty and regret our relationship.