{Chapter 9}

-Destiny-

"Angel wings? But...what does that have to do with me? I haven't a pair of angel wings all," I said with confusion.

Dux giggled simply. "You will find out for yourself, very soon I might add."

I nodded. "Of course I've assumed as much, but what about..."

I felt a sudden breeze engulf me, blowing my hair in different directions. I pinned my hair to my head with my hands and looked up, noticing a large red swirl that had to be the cause of the strong winds. Dux was standing tall and proud in the center of the swirling red mass. She smiled at me and gave me one nod before she turned around and walked into the swirling red cloud, leaving me alone as the cloud broke apart and disappeared into nothing.

I sighed and fell upon the couch, breathing in and out slowly. Did Dux honestly have to make her exit so dramatic? It was as if she wanted to give me a heart attack. But angel wings? I was for sure that those red wings were simply butterflies. I suppose not...

"Emmy? What are you doing?"

Looking up, I smiled when I saw a very sleepy Leo. He had bed hair, and he was even holding my pillow tightly towards him, as if he were a child with his favorite teddy bear. His eyes were squinted, and he had a pout on his face.

I looked away from him. "I had a visitor just now."

Feeling the spot next to me dip down, I turned towards Leo who had curled up next to me. "Who was it?"

"It was Dux, the only female on the Fated Council," I explained to him.

"What did she want?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Nothing really. She just wanted to check on me and make sure that I was receiving her clues. Can I ask you something?"

"I guess. What is it?" he asked me with a slight concerned look in his eyes.

I smiled at him. "What do those red pictures that are on my bed cover look like?"

Leo thought about it for a moment. "They looked like wings...bird wings maybe. Perhaps angel wings."

I groaned and buried my head into Leo's chest. "She said that they were angel wings, but I thought that they were butterflies.."

"Butterflies? Really?" Leo chuckled out.

I became too embarrassed to meet his eyes. "Yea. I'm rather stupid, aren't I."

I suddenly felt Leo wrap his arms securely around my waist, bringing me even closer to him. "No, little love. You are not stupid by any means. Everyone simply has their blank moments here and there. Why, just yesterday I thought our door was jammed and you were trapped inside."

I giggled at the memory. "Oh yea, I remember. You were panicking and ready to call the cops. How could you even think--?"

"I forgot for just a split second that doors have locks on them," he grumbled out.

"For a split second? More like ten minutes," I laughed out, poking his cheek.

"What...you were inside. Why didn't you let me in?" he asked.

I smiled a bright and teasing smile at him. "Who would ruin a moment as funny as that one?"

He sighed and rested his head beside mine. "I guess you have a point, then."

I played with his hair, enjoying the sound of his wolf purring in delight. Then, a thought occurred to me. When would Leo begin our mating progress? It had been a few weeks since I discovered who Leo really was to me, and he had yet to mark me.

"Leo?" I whispered to him.

"Hmm?" he replied.

I looked into his eyes. "When will our...process start?"

"What process?" he asked.

I resisted the urge to slap myself in frustration. "Our...mating process."

He suddenly leaned up and glanced down at me. "Where did this thought come about?"

I blushed and glanced down. "Well...I'm just curious is all. I've known for nearly four weeks, and you haven't even marked me yet."

All of a sudden, I felt my chin being tipped up slightly by Leo's hand. He smiled softly at me. "Soon, my love. Very soon."

With that said, he leaned down and claimed my lips in a soft yet passionate kiss. I kissed him back softly and sighed into the kiss. He deepened the kiss as he pressed me back down onto the couch, his form hovering over me slightly. We only pulled away a few minutes later when we were in need of a breath.

"How soon?" I breathed out.

Leo simply chuckled and pecked my lips, pulling me against him. "Aren't you am eager one."

I slapped him lightly on the chest. "Oh, shut it! I'm simply curious."

I felt Leo plant a soft and tender kiss on the top of my head. "When the time is right, love. When the time is right."

I smiled slightly and kissed his cheek. "That's a good enough answer for me. Now, I'm rather tired from Dux's late night visit. Shall we go back to bed?"

Leo yawned but nodded in agreement. "Yes, let us defiantly go back to bed."

I sat up and attempted to slide off of the couch, but Leo had other ideas. He picked me up and cradled me close to his chest as if I were a baby. I had to keep myself from giggling when he wobbled a bit, his tiredness obviously showing. We arrived in my room in just a few seconds, and I felt myself being laid upon my bed. I felt the bed dip as Leo joined me, scooting closer to me and wrapping his arms around my waist once more. I simply loved how warm as comfortable Leo was. It always made me sleep so much better.

"Goodnight, Leo Wolfie-Pants," I yawned out, resting my head on his chest.

"Goodnight, Emmy Glowie-Pants," Leo whispered, causing me to snort at his lame nickname for me.

I was about to reply to his choice of a nickname, but I already heard the soft snores coming from him that always signaled to me that he was fast asleep. How that man was able to fall asleep so quickly would always remain a mystery to me.

I giggled softly before snuggling more into Leo, falling into a deep sleep myself.

A/N Hello guys! Sorry that this didn't have much action in it. It's really more of a filler-in chapter.

Question of the day!((I'm going to start doing this!!)):

What is your favorite t.v. Show?
{mine is Doctor Who!}

Please:

Vote

Comment

Follow

Share

Spread!!