She didn't have a backup plan or something else to fall back on. If she messed this interview up, she messed her whole future up.

Before she got too lost in her thoughts, she approached Ms.Ellington's office and regained her composure before softly knocking on the door. She heard a faint "come in" and pushed the door open.

" Hi ma'am, I'm Soleil Harper" she quickly introduced herself as she closed the door behind her. She took a quick glance around the office and cracked a small smile. It was exactly how she imagined it: full of different shades of brown, plants almost everywhere, but what caught her attention the most was the relaxing scent of the incense.

" Oh Soleil yes! It's such a pleasure to meet you" Ms.Ellington got up from her chair to shake Soleil's hand.

Ms.Ellington was a black woman in her mid forties, her most noticeable feature were the traits of her face that were traced so perfectly. For her to at least be forty five, she still looked pretty young. Soleil admired how her skin glowed in the sun that peeked through the window. But most importantly how she radiated nothing but good and relaxing vibes.

" Likewise" she politely replied before taking a seat in front of her desk.

" Oh how could I forget" Ms.Ellington frowned as a chuckle left her mouth. " You already have the job sweetheart, we don't need to go through all this paperwork" she smiled.

" Excuse me what? Y-You said I had what?" Soleil surprisedly stuttered, as she looked at Ms.Ellington one more time just to make sure she wasn't playing in her face.

" I looked through your folder and you have everything that we need. You are a young and beautiful black woman that could easily relate to one of these kids, and some of them may feel way more comfortable talking to someone that's close to them in age. Plus I'm sure of your abilities to do this job perfectly, your professors spoke highly of you and I'm positive that their opinions were true" she spoke as she looked at Soleil with a big smile on her face.

" I-I don't know how to thank you for this" she stumbled over her own words. " Thank you so much for trusting me Ms.Ellington. I promise you won't regret it" she smiled through her tears of joy.

" Please call me Abena. We're coworkers now" she spoke. Soleil reminded Abena of her younger self. She was exactly the same when she had her first interview at this same institution. Abena originally started as a simple psychologist just like Soleil. She was the light of the cabinet, she held everyone together and on top of that her work here was so good, that the former boss of this place passed it onto her. Ever since that day, Abena looked for the same light, the same sun that could one day possibly take over the cabinet after her. And it was safe to say, that she finally found it.

" Thank you so much. I'm very grateful for this opportunity that you allow to give me Ms.E- I mean Abena" she nervously chuckled. " When can I start?" she excitedly questioned.

" Since you look so excited to start, you can come in tomorrow at seven in the morning, and I'll show you around. This is a pretty big cabinet with different floors. You can get easily lost. So you'll officially start working next week" she spoke. " Oh and I almost forgot this, here Ms.Harper" she slid her a badge that had her name,last name, the floor that she was assigned to and her profession written.

As Soleil retrieved her badge everything became official. She was officially a psychologist. She finally realized her dream.