thirteen.

𝐒oleil squealed and ran in Illyan's hospital room to tell him the good news

" Illyan! Illyan! Illyan!" she rushed in the room earning a confused look from him.

" Slow down mama, wassup?" he sat up giving her his full attention.

" T-they whew shit" she breathed out. Soleil wasn't used to running around and she was quickly out of breath. " T-they said that you can go home today" she smiled.

" Mhm I know they already told me" he chuckled. " Come hea'," he waved her over with his finger.

Soleil gladly went to him and he patted his lap. She cut her eyes at him but took a seat on his lap anyway.

" You look pretty" he mumbled running his fingers through her freshly done new install. Soleil wanted to change a bit and decided to get a burgundy wig installed.

" Thank you" she grinned.

Illyan chuckled and brung her head down so it would be on his chest, before hugging her neck. He kissed her forehead and closed his eyes just enjoying the moment.

None of them said anything, and they were fine that way. Sometimes they just liked to sit in silence and stare at one another.

Soleil snuggled deeper into his chest and closed her eyes. She lived for those moments, just them showing affection to each other, or enjoying each other's presence.

" Illyan?" she questioned breaking the silence that filled the room.

" Yes mama" he answered running his fingers through her hair.

" T-they said that you couldn't go home if you didn't have a caretaker. They almost sent you to rehab, but I volunteered" she spoke up.

Sending Illyan to rehab was an absolute no for Soleil. She refused to send him there and let him be treated like he had some kind of disease.

She refused to let him be judged by someone just because of his addiction. So she volunteered to be his caretaker. It wasn't really bothering her, and if it avoided Illyan going to rehab she was all for it.

" You know dat' you didn't have ta'," he softly spoke up.

" No it's okay" she reassured. " Plus I don't want you going to rehab. I don't like how they treat people over there" she frowned.

" Mhm I preciate you mama fa' real" he kissed her forehead hugging her tighter.

Soleil only smiled and closed her eyes trying to get a lil bit more sleep.

" Mr Braxton, just the man I wanted to see" his assigned doctor, Mr Rayn spoke entering the room.

Soleil sucked her teeth and sat up rubbing her eyes, she has been trying to get some sleep for the longest but it kept getting interrupted.