𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER FORTY:TO TRUST A FOX

CHAPTER FORTY:
TO TRUST A FOX

THEY WATCHED AS COACH WAS placed into an ambulance, Stiles and Noah talking over to the side whilst Gwen stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. Scott had been quick to bring her up to speed. Stiles knew that this was him, but he never remembered doing any of it. It made no sense to Gwen. The sound of Ethan's voice grabbed Gwen and Scott's attention.

     "Scott, you better look at this."

     The two exchanged looks with one another before making their way over to Ethan who was looking through the stuff in the back of Stiles' jeep. He held up wrapping paper, causing Scott to reach forwards and grab it. "It's the same wrapping paper we used for Coach's birthday present."

     "Wasn't that William Barrow's thing?" Ethan asked. "A bomb made from nails and bolts all wrapped in a birthday present? Where did it go off?"

     Scott glanced towards Noah before looking back towards Ethan. "On a school bus."

     Gwen swallowed thickly, lowering her voice. "You're telling me that Stiles planted a bomb on a school bus? For no reason?" They made it back to the school, standing there and watching as Parrish got on the bus that supposedly had the present. Gwen's arms were crossed over her chest as she watched everything unfold anxiously. That's when Parrish appeared in the window, slapping Noah's name plate against the window. Her eyes widened in realization. Scott, Stiles, Gwen, and Noah were quick to make it to the police station.

Gwen had to keep herself together. The destruction of the police station hurt her heart. Seeing so many officers down on the ground, bleeding out, some already dead. Glass and wood was everywhere. Gwen forced her eyes away, spotting Argent and Derek and quickly forcing her way over to them whilst Scott went towards Stiles who was calling his name.

     "Hey, are you both alright?" Gwen looked between them, noticing the glass and wood sticking out of Derek's back. Her eyes widened slightly but Derek just shook his head.

     "I'm okay," he weakly assured her.

     "Why were you both even here in the first place?" Gwen frowned before the sound of Kira's voice filled her ears, listening as she told Scott that the Oni were coming. Gwen snapped her head towards them, meeting Scott's eyes. "Both of you, get out of here." Gwen told the adults before running over towards Scott just as he was dragging Stiles out.

     They all entered Stiles' jeep, Scott telling Stiles to go to the animal clinic. Kira frowned before asking, "The animal clinic?"

     "Yeah, the place is lined with mountain ash. Just like my house." Scott nodded. "It will buy us some time."

     "But they can get through it?" Stiles asked.

     "Eventually."

     "Nobody's got any better ideas?" Stiles tried, looking at the two females, being met with silence. "Okay, sure, the animal clinic."