𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:I DON'T TRUST HIM

CHAPTER TWELVE:
I DON'T TRUST HIM

     "I NEED YOUR HELP." GWEN sighed, looking at Derek with her arms crossed over her chest, regret immediately filling her. The man knew that she hated his guts, so surprise immediately covered his face.

     "With what?" Derek asked. Gwen sighed before walking down the rest of the steps, stepping on the ground so that she was standing a few feet in front of the man.

     "I should've asked Scott." She groaned.

     "What?" Derek asked, rolling his eyes.

     "Okay, look, I found out what kind of breed of werewolf I am." Gwen started off. "And for the moment the only thing I can do is literally turn into a giant wolf. But, I don't want to do that every time I try to fight, because. . . well, I'm running out of clothes to rip to shreds. Anyways, I wanted to ask if you would help me learn how to just make my claws and fangs appear."

     Derek, once again, was surprised. "And why would I help you do that?"

     "The entire conversation we had the other night? Scott and I helping you with the Kanima." Gwen pointed out to him. "Look, I'll literally never ask another thing from you again, and if I'm being honest, I didn't want to have to ask you this. But I can't fight as a giant wolf when I don't have control, and when the only helpful thing I'll be dong is slaughtering people."

     "Fine." Derek agreed. "But can I ask you something?"

     "Do I really have a choice?" The gril mumbled.

     "What are you? Because I've seen people turn into wolves, but never that big." Derek spoke.

     "It's called an Amarok wolf. Basically I only hunt at night, and kill anyone who gets in my way." She gave a sarcastic smile at that. "But, because I'm only part Amarok and the other part is human, the wolf only comes out whenever I'm really angry or it's the full moon."

     The man nodded. "You know this might take a while, right?"

     "I've already called in the school and claimed a sick day." She answered, making him nod his head. "When I was with Allison, she said that maybe if I instead focused on part of my anger instead of all of it, then it might work. I tried that already. . . and well, obviously it didn't."

     "Just imagine it." Derek simply shrugged.

     "Imagine it." Gwen repeated, raising an eyebrow.

     "Do you want my help or not?" Derek sighed. He then quickly whipped out his own claws with the simple flick of his wrist.

     "Fine." She muttered. "Imagine it." And so she did. She imagined the claws replacing that of her real nails. But what she didn't realize, that it was actually working.