17

Warnings:
-Death

Clay's POV

The shooting got even worse after a few minutes. There was a sniper from the other army and he shot hundreds of our soldiers already.

I was trying to shoot him, but the sergeant demanded that we had to go inside of the house, throw grenades and then run away as fast as we could.

Sapnap ran after me while I was completely back to my brave self again. I wasn't scared anymore because I changed my mindset again. It was really hard to deal with death and the terrible fear of getting shot, but as long as I kept thinking about that, I would only get more and more scared.

Sapnap caught up to me as we ran to the house in a small group of people.

'OKAY, CLAY. YOU GO FIRST!' the sergeant screamed at me. 'GO TO THE HIGHEST FLOOR WITH SAPNAP AND THROW A GRENADE. WHENEVER YOU RETURN, NATHANIEL AND JACK GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BUILDING AND THROW ANOTHER GRENADE AT THE HIGHEST FLOOR ON THE LEFT SIDE!'

'Yes, sergeant!' Sapnap and I yelled as we both held our grenades in our hands, ready to take the pin out. I held my weapon up with my other hand with my finger on the trigger so I could shoot too.

'NOW!' the sergeant screamed as we sped up.

We ran inside of the house as fast as we could and didn't see anyone at the bottom floor and the other floors. We ran up the stairs, took the pin out of our grenades right before we entered the highest floor and then threw them inside.

'RUN!' Sapnap screamed at me as we basically had to jump down the stairs. The grenade exploded which caused us to get blown away, luckily without injuries. We fell on the floor together as we noticed the building was collapsing.

'DON'T GO IN!' I shouted at Nathaniel and Jack who were ready to go whenever we arrived downstairs again.

We started running down the stairs as fast as we could so we wouldn't get hit by the falling walls. The whole building's walls were collapsing because the quality was apparently really bad.

We ran downstairs as fast as we could and pushed Nathaniel and Jack away.

'DON'T GO! IT'S FALLING DOWN! THE WHOLE BUILDING, WE NEED TO RUN!'

Everyone nodded as we started to run away from all the parts that were falling down. We were sure the sniper was dead since no one shot anymore and the whole highest floor was just gone because of the two grenades.

'CLAY, BEHIND YOU!' the sergeant screamed as he started shooting.

I immediately turned around to see multiple soldiers for the enemy army shoot at us. I started shooting too as Nathaniel grabbed a grenade. He pulled the pin out and threw it at them.

'RUN, GRENADE!' he demanded as we all knelt down in the distance. We waited for the explosion to happen and then heard multiple people scream loudly.

I ran over to them and saw three severely wounded soldiers. I lifted my weapon and shot them all in their head, then I ran away since I heard screams for help.

'HELP! WE NEED HELP!' I heard multiple people from a different platoon scream.

'EVERYONE FOLLOW ME!' the sergeant demanded as he ran to the side of the street, running as fast as he could to get to the backside of the houses.

We followed him as fast as we could and ran to the other side of the houses as we saw multiple wounded soldiers and a whole platoon of the enemy shooting at our platoons.

We fell down on the ground to stay as low as possible and started shooting back as the medic was really busy taking the wounded soldiers away from the middle where everyone was shooting at.

Sapnap lifted himself up slightly and shot one of the guys in the house. He hit one and fell down as I saw a few others from our army suddenly run forwards. They dodged all the bullets and ran inside of the house, throwing a grenade so they would blow up some of them.

One of the soldiers couldn't get away fast enough and was shot in his back, screaming loudly as he fell down. I turned my eyes away as he was blown up by the grenade, also because I didn't want to see all the dead bodies and limbs from the enemy flying through the air.

I looked back once the explosion was over and lifted my weapon, aiming on the house for a while. No one shot anymore and a big group of people started running to the house, shooting while they went inside.

'EMPTY!' they screamed when they came back again, looking at the dead body from their platoon.

One of the boys just realised this was someone they knew and he knelt down next to the corpse of the man.

'NO!' he screamed as he started sobbing. 'NO, COME BACK! MEDIC, SAVE HIM! MEDIC!'

The medic ran up to them and then shook his head softly. 'We can't save him,' he whispered.

'NO! HELP HIM. HE'S MY BROTHER AND MY BEST FRIEND! SAVE HIM, PLEASE!'

He broke down and started crying loudly as he rested his helmet against his brother's helmet. 'Come back, PLEASE COME BACK! DO SOMETHING, SAVE HIM!'

'He's dead, Derek. He's dead.'

'NO! HE IS NOT DEAD! HE CAN BE SAVED! CPR, I NEED TO PERFORM CPR! HELP HIM, HE-.'

He started crying so loudly that he hyperventilated and I stood up, running over to him. I knelt down next to the boy, apparently Derek, and pulled him closer as he cried loudly.

'It's okay,' I whispered. 'You can cry, but we need to move on quickly.'

He sniffed loudly and looked at his brother again, holding his hand on his helmet. He took off his own helmet and leaned in, kissing his brother's hair. 'I love you so much, brother. You've always been there with me through everything.'

I sat back for a little to let him talk and then grabbed his shoulders. 'We really need to go, they are shooting at us from all sides. I understand how much pain you have, but you need to move on to survive.'

He shook his head slowly and held his brother tightly as I tried to give him his helmet. He shook his head again and then looked up slowly. Before I realised it, he was shot in the head too by a random gunshot. I stood up to run away so I wouldn't get shot as I noticed Derek died straight away.

I felt tears coming up in my eyes as I ran back to Sapnap, swallowing my tears away as he smiled shortly, wrapping an arm around my shoulders as I looked back.

'Shit, dude. That's hard...' I whispered. 'At least they died together.'

Sapnap nodded slowly and pulled me to a safer place to give me a tight hug. 'I know this is terrible, but we need to fight again. We are close to defeating them.'

I sighed deeply. 'I'm ready...' I mumbled as I stood back up to continue again.

1207 words