"I'm not in the fucking mood." I snapped.

"Yeah, I can tell that." He rolled his eyes.

I pushed his hand off my elbow and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm going home."

He was always telling me what to do but today I won't allow it. I was going home and he won't stop me.

"We're spending Christmas morning together as a family. You'll go to the mansion. I will have Victor-" I cut him off.

"I told you that I want to go home! Why do you never listen to what I want?!" I burst out.

A scowl formed on his face. His word was always command. I was no longer a minor and I didn't need him to rule me around.

"You're being ridiculous. Tell me what's wrong."

I was trying to hold back but I let myself slip.

"You! You're everything that's wrong!"

His face dropped before he slipped into that stupid emotionless face. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him towards the exit. I was hurting him but he was also hurting me.

We've been good for a long while but it was only a matter of time before we started to butt heads again.

//////////////

This was my first Christmas morning without my family ever since I met them. It wasn't as depressing as I thought it would be.

"Open up your presents, bellissima." Alexander kissed my ear.

I was sitting in his lap near the Christmas tree that we had decorated together. He had wrapped his arms around my middle and I felt comfortable being so close to him.

Last night, he surprised me at home and took me to his place. I've been to his place yesterday morning but there weren't so many presents back then. He bought them all for me and his cute pets.

"You're making me feel bad." I'd given him three presents.

Which was very little in comparison to all the twenty gifts he got me.

"I love spoiling you." He grinned.

He did love buying me presents. It started right after our fourth date when he gave me a pair of earrings. My reaction to the gift was apparently so amazing that he kept buying me gifts to see the same reaction over and over again.

"I love you." I kissed him.

He didn't kiss back for a moment but then he deepened our kiss. This was my first time saying 'I love you' to him. I've been wanting to say it for a while now but this was the perfect moment.

"That's the best present you could've ever given me." He whispered.

I closed my eyes and leaned into his embrace. I will never give him up. I love my family but I also love Alexander. They can't break us apart.

No matter how long it'll take. No matter what I have to do.

Alexander and I would only ever break up on our own accords.

But when I opened my eyes and found his beautiful green ones, I realised that was never going to happen either.

We found each other and we were both too greedy to let go.

//////////////

I spent the following week with Alexander. I didn't go to my family despite my siblings calling me. All they knew was that I was in my apartment sulking away. Amelia helped sell the story and my tracker told them that I was in my apartment.