14| Thanksgiving pt. 2

I've never celebrated thanksgiving before. I grew up in the UK and we didn't celebrate it over there. I knew what it was from television and stuff but this was my first time properly celebrating it.

"Since it's your first time, why don't you start by saying what you're thankful for?" Dad suggested.

The food was served and I was stunned to see a ginormous turkey. I took a bit from everything and it was absolutely delicious. Mom was a amazing cook and did it all by herself. I didn't see any staff around the house, not even Greta. It was just our family and I preferred it like that.

"Don't say some stupid shit." Silas warned me.

I rolled my eyes at him while dad slapped him against the back of his head. Silas grunted like a toddler but I liked seeing him get scolded.

"If you don't want to, that's alright." Theo patted my back.

I sat between Victor and Theo, my favourite siblings. I felt shy to say what I've been wanting to say. Everybody was looking at me and I could feel a blush rise up my cheeks.

"Euhm..." I started.

My heart was beating so hard against my chest that I felt like it would explode. I knew what I wanted to say. I knew what I was thankful for but I was so shy.

"I'm thankful for meeting mom and dad."

There I said it. I meant hit with all my heart. It was hard keeping my gaze up. Theo laid his arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

"You did well." He assured me.

I think I love him. All this time he's been so nice to me and treated me like I was family.

"Thank you, baby. That was very sweet of you." Mom spoke.

I smiled up at her. She looked so happy that it made my heart burst.

"You're next, princess." Dad urged Amelia.

We were doing this per age.

"I'm thankful that I get to spend thanksgiving with my family."

She smiled sweetly at dad and he kissed her forehead. Amelia was always tied to his hip and loves him dearly.

"I'm thankful that I got to meet Elena." Victor spoke next.

I swear that I look like a tomato now. I was about to burst.

"I'm thankful for mom's cooking skills." Nicolas was chomping down his third plate of the night.

Everybody rolled their eyes at him while mom gave him a warm smile. I noticed that she loved watching us eat her food. The pride in her eyes was very obvious.

"I'm thankful for the new motorbike dad is going to buy me." Leonardo smirked.

Dad rolled his eyes but chuckled. We moved on to Theo who gave me a warm smile.

"I'm thankful that we have Elena back in our family."

I grinned at him and he squeezed my cheek.

"Ugh." Silas winced.

"That's why Theo is my favourite and not you." I snapped at him.

He glared at me but then smirked.

"We all know that I'm your favourite."

"I didn't know dementia came that early."

The twins were amused and even dad had to bite back a smile.