11. Ow, My Foot

Dear diary, I know something is wrong.

The dream I had before break was about Hans' men attacking me, half of me thought I should tell someone, but the other half said to ignore it. I decided to ignore it and go to bed.
Mary left literally two seconds after she told me the news and I slammed my window shut.

I was half asleep when someone made a thunk sound on my window.

I acted like I was sleeping and stayed still.

The noise got louder and before I knew what was happening, frost appeared on my roof, multiplying. I watched as it climbed over my desk onto the wall and finally completely concealed the window. It exploded, sending glass shattering and flying at me. I cried out as a piece of shrapnel nearly hit my head. I gasped as more glass flew around the room and a familiar figure appeared at my window.

"Jack! What the--"

"Shh!"

"You're shushing me after that just happened!" I gestured around the room at the glass.

Jack shrugged.

"What's wrong?" I sat up higher in bed.

Jack slumped in my desk chair and said, "We should brake up."

"What?" Were we even together? Wait. . .

"I can't be seen with you."

I jumped out of bed and clenched my fists, I could feel the room getting cold and tiny icicles formed at the bottom of the desk Jack was sitting at.

He looked down and breathed in really slow. "It's not safe."

I walked toward him, also stepping on a shard of glass. I held back a cry of pain. "Not safe?" I said with pure anger.

He could probably see my nostrils flaring.

Suddenly his eyes went from neutral to soft and beautiful. "I don't want you to be upset! Something's coming after--" his eyes changed to hard and cold and fierce. He shook his head. "-- That's not why it's not safe. It's not safe because you are a monster. You can't control your powers and you're a reckless fool. He got up from the chair, his head snapping to the door.

The guards were here.

He backed away to the window And before he jumped out he said, "I never want to see you again."