10. Mary the Gypsy

Dear diary, Mary is a nickname.

Shout out to: breannarg because she is one of my best friends! Please go follow her and read her books! Thanks guys!

//

I went to bed very late last night. I was pigging out in the kitchen, shoving some midnight snacks in my mouth.

I crept up to my room and opened and closed my door extremely quietly.

I was extremely careful not to wake anyone up by making noise, because the walls were very thin.

I almost accomplished my task to at least get to my bed, but of course, that didn't happen. A huge pile of books was stacked on the floor so of course I had to run into them.

They toppled over, making thumping sounds on the hardwood floor.

I grunted and didn't bother to pick them up. I just collapsed in my bed and closed my eyes. But, sleep never came because I could feel something.

I was being watched. My window was open so a cold draft of freezing air drifted into my room, giving me a shiver. I sat up and glance out my window.

A cry of surprise and fear escaped my throat and I quickly covered my mouth with my hand and turned on my lamp.

A dark silhouette was slowly edging toward the main doors to the castle. It was already through the gates and was in the courtyard. I didn't want to get the guards.

The figure started running and running until it climbed up the walls and a face appeared at my window.

I screamed and fell back on the floor.

The person crawled inside my room and I noticed that the voice that calmly spoke to me was feminine.

"Elsa, I'm sorry for scaring you but I can't come out in the day. I'm a wanted 'criminal' so I can only talk to you right now."

I shook my head, still on the floor. "Who are you?"

She lowered her good and I gasped. She had a beautiful, perfectly shaped face, olive skin, black shiny hair, and she was wearing so many different patterns of rags and fabric with stars, moons, dots, or lines on them.

"You're Esmeralda! That gypsy girl that lives in the village!" I stood up, feeling mad. "You stole many things and hurt many people!"

"That's the thing," she didn't sound happy either. "I didn't do all those things! I'm innocent and that's why I came. The get pardoned from any unnecessary execution."

I fumed. "You broke into my castle just to tell me this? And who exactly 'framed' you?"

"I also need to tell you that the person who framed me is out to get you!" She pleaded.

"And who is this person?" I raised my chin.

"A prince named Hans."

A creepy silence filled the room. I felt cold again and the lamp didn't help at all. The name bounced around in my head and it made me scowl.

Hans.