Chapter 23: This Book is Dead? Who Decided that?

(Your POV)
"Man, it feels like months."

"Dafuq are you talking about? It's only been a single night?"

Miu and I were walking past a boba tea shop, and we got ourselves a little something called bubble tea. I have never tried it before, but damn is it good! Too bad the dumbass of an author never got to drink it! Miu and I were heading towards the school in our uniforms, and unluckily for me, I was stuck in cosplay...but there was something I wanted to complain about, but couldn't.

"Why am I wearing a skirt over my pants?" I was forced to put on a skirt over my pants by Tsumugi, Kaito, and Miu, the last two were laughing their asses off. "I mean, skirts are nice because they can hide knives easier, but why?"

"Well Miku is a sneaky bitch, so she can come and go as she pleases, so she might drop in to check out the competition, or sabotage us." Miu had her hand behind her head while her other hand was holding the boba tea. "Lucky for us, we're the baddest bitches in the west, so we'll win no matter how much she sabotages us!"

"I don't take Miku for the type to sabotage us." I thought for a bit whilst thinking about what I've seen about Miku a couple times, but as a painter, it is my duty to notice even the smallest details! "Say, where is everyone else? Are they getting things ready for the festival?"

"Dude, look at your clock." Miu pointed at my watch, and I looked at the clock and gasped, we were an hour late for class! "We might as well skip for the day."

"So you mean to tell me, I'm cross dressing for no reason!?" I shouted at Miu, who innocently looked away. "Oi, keep those peepers on me woman."

"Hey, did you know Kaede's currently helping the festival committee move some of the instruments to the Tenguu Theater?" Miu quickly changed the subject without a second thought, while I slowly sipped my tea.

"Are you trying to distract me from my anger?" I asked the inventor, who was still avoiding eye contact with me.

"Is it working?" Miu asked the question that really matters, and I remained silent for a moment.

"Yes, it is actually." I began walking to the main theater of Tengu city. "Miu, come along now! We must help Kaede!"

"Yeah...no, I need to check on my helper bot 9000 to ensure it doesn't do anything." Miu didn't have such an invention, so I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the town theater. "Wait, what if we have another incident like last time?!"

"Then I can take care of it!" I pulled out Amaterasu and wrote 'quick' on my arm using my magic paintbrush, enhancing my speed as Miu and I flew through the town.

The two of us glided through the crowds of people as though they were moving in slow motion. Miu was annoyed by this, but I politely ignored her shouting. I ran past Himiko and Tenko, with Himiko doing street magic tricks to distract the crowd of people from Tenko beating up some dude for what I'm assuming doing something that involves Himeko. We also passed by Maki, who was simply walking home with some groceries in her hands, and what I'm assuming was ketchup on her hands. Ryoma was sitting in the park, smoking a cigarette until we brushed right past him, and I stole his cigarette to dump it into an ashtray. I reached the theatre that this little talent show was gonna take place at. The theatre was nothing fancy, I think this is the second theatre in Tenguu, the first one still has my paintings, this one doesn't have a lick of my works. Miu and I stopped in front of it to see Korekiyo talking to some girl with a long black ponytail and an orange ribbon.

"So you're saying that angels, fallen angels, and devils now get along???" Korekiyo asked the dark haired girl in disbelief. "That's quite a shock, why is that?"