"As it turns out," muttered Damon, "Enzo is alive and is the son of our half-brother Leo. He's our new brother according to Maddy."

"Wait, hold on a minute," said Stefan. "How do I not know about this? Not the Enzo part, but you two being trapped for five years."

"You were with Lexi, I was with Damon," explained Maddy. "We weren't in contact very often because I didn't want to disrupt your rehabilitation. Plus, I wanted to make sure I devoted time to helping Damon, too, since he'd been alone for awhile. When we got out, we didn't feel comfortable saying anything. And we didn't think we had to."

"You were already guilt-ridden at that time," said Damon. "And you and I were on the outs back then. By the time it was over, you know, it was over."

Stefan looked between them sadly. "I'm sorry that you didn't feel like you could tell me. If I had known... I would have done something."

"It's in the past, baby bro," said Damon. "The Augustine Society's gone for good."

"But—"

"Trust me, Meredith's worried enough for everyone in my close circle, she's got you covered. She's considering taking off work just to go on a trip with me. I mean, who am I to deny constant hot sex, you know, but I'm not fragile. It's been awhile. I'm okay."

"And I'm okay, too," said Maddy. "I had already talked about it with Klaus before. And he saved us, so..." she checked the time. "I should actually get going. I'm gonna talk to him today about... everything I've been neglecting to mention."

"Wait, one more thing," said Stefan before she could disappear. "Where's Enzo now?"

"In his apartment. He's not ready to meet you yet but... soon. Please don't go looking for him. He needs time."

Stefan nodded, and Maddy cast him a reassuring smile before heading to the mansion.

When she arrived, she found Klaus had brought enough groceries to make some pasta from scratch.

"We could chat while we cook," said Klaus, who had already washed his hands. "It has been quite a long time since I made a meal, but I heard you enjoy cooking, therefore, I figured creating the meal ourselves would be nicer than buying one."

Maddy made a face. "Who told you I like to cook? I don't think we ever had that conversation."

"Damon mentioned it when he informed me of Katerina being in the hospital." He raised a brow. "Was he lying?"

"No, he wasn't, I just... I like to cook but not for other people." She quickly added, "It's fine right now, though, I love you and I haven't cooked for you yet, so there's a first time for everything."

"Are you certain?"

"Yeah. I mainly have an issue when my brothers are being lazy and don't even know how to say 'please' when they ask me to make them a portion. And other people just tend to be judgy."

Klaus smiled. "Well, if it turns out awful, I'll swallow it all without a complaint."

She faked offense as she finished washing her own hands. "Wow, are you expecting my pasta to be shitty?"

He blushed. "Not what I meant, love."

"How about you start making some rotini, and I make a creamy mushroom sauce to go with it? I'll grill some chicken, too, and maybe steam some vegetables."

"Now it is my turn to take offense," said Klaus, patting his chest. "Why have you landed me with the simplest and most childish task?"

She scrunched up her nose. "We're making pasta completely from scratch. If anything, you got landed with the most time consuming job."