Chapter 8: Reminiscing (Felix POV)

(Author's note: This happens about 2 years after last chapter. Also, this chapter was going to be entirely different, but I didn't know how it would look to other people, so I'm not taking my chances. I'm not getting cancelled on WattPad LMAO)

||Felix POV||

     It was lonely in Felix's house. Sophie had moved out for college, and Felix had sold BSI to another company, Cyberfun Tech. The relocate project had failed not once, but twice. He was only ever used now for signing papers and describing the concepts for the showstoppers.
     Even Jack and the others hardly showed up now. Even though he was scared of the ghosts of the Walten family, it would have been nice to have a little bit of company. Nowadays, Felix spent most of his time waiting for something to happen.
     Looking around his living room, it was rather boring, but his eyes landed on his phone. It was bright red, and stuck out like a sore thumb among the neutral tones of his home. But it held a lot of meaning to him. He remembered when he had first moved into this house, and Jack had somehow convinced him to get matching phones. He closed his eyes, going back to that day. 
     "Oh, come on Felix, it'll be fun! We're business partners, we're best friends. It'll be special, and fun!" Jack said, putting a hand on Felix's shoulder.
     "And of course your favorite color is red." Felix said, rubbing the bridge of his nose and pushing his glasses up slightly. "Fine. I'll do it." Felix said begrudgingly, smiling despite his grumpy tone. 
     Felix sighed. If he went further back into his memory, then he could trace back to the first time he had ever met Jack. Or, well, formally met him. His very first encounter, he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, and bumped right into him. Of course, he had ran the other way, but eventually, they met again. It was a rather small town, after all.
     "Hey!" Jack exclaimed, approaching Felix. "Aren't you the kid who ran into me the other day?" The two of them were walking home and had happened to cross paths.
     "Oh-! Yes, that... t-that would be me." Felix said, letting out a nervous laugh.
     "Well, what's your name? You seem nice, I'm sorry if I scared you!" Jack said, his large grin spreading across his face.
     "You're not mad at me? I didn't even stop to apologize." Felix questioned, a hint of confusion in his voice.
     "Oh, of course not! I'm sure you were in a hurry. My name is Jack, Jack Walten!" 
     "I'm Felix Kranken. Nice to meet you." 
     The two boys had spent the rest of their walk chatting and joking about. They were friends from that moment on.
     Felix sighed happily at the memories. What else was there to find in that memory of his? Going forward from the moment he had met, he found another memory that he was fond of. Jack and Rose were married then, and they had just had their first child, Sophie, a few months ago.
     "Felix, would you like to hold her?" Rosemary asked, looking up and smiling. 
     "Oh, I don't see the harm in it..." Felix said reluctantly, holding out his arms. He had never really liked babies. They were all soft and strange, and they cried too much, in his opinion. But he still wanted to be nice for Jack and Rosemary. 
      Rosemary carefully handed Sophie to Felix. Felix, cradling this delicate being in his arms, gained a whole new perspective. This was a brand new life, a fresh start, resting in his arms, putting all of its trust into him. This was something he had never known, a new appreciation for the world around him.
     "Looks like she likes her uncle Felix!" Jack said as Sophie giggled and cooed while Felix cradled her.
     "That's... that's me? I'm uncle Felix?" He asked, looking up in surprise.
     "Of course you are! You've been like a brother to me since the day we met."
     "Thank you, Jack, you have no idea how much that means to me." Tears of joy began to form in his eyes, and he smiled.
     Opening his eyes, a faint smile on his face, Felix sighed and leaned forwards in his armchair. Although his soul was tired and his body was weak now, Felix still enjoyed remembering those days. There were sad and lonely memories as he sat there, too. Comforting an orphaned Sophie, encountering the ghosts of her family, waking up the day after she had moved out. 
     Going into these memories, he moved his hand to his leg, which then drifted up to his chest, and then to the scar on his forehead. He had not failed to forget the physical evidence of his worst moments. 
     "Reminiscing, old friend?" A faint voice, accompanied by static, spoke. Jack was now sitting on the couch next to Felix's seat, one leg crossed over the other and his hands folded in his lap. Felix jumped at the sight of Jack's uncanny face. He had never gotten used to that.
     "I sure am, Jack. I remember when you... when you weren't like that." 
     "I can remember too. But, alas, we will never go back to those days, will we?"
     Felix shook his head, pushing his glasses up slightly. He sat in silence for a moment. He found the ambient sound of static that Jack brought with him to be rather comforting. It ensured him that his friend was still there.
     "Say, Jack, I have a question for you."
     "Ask away."
     "Why... why did you do that to Rosemary? When she was... you know."
     "Killed? Oh, Felix, that wasn't me. You murdered her."
     "What do you mean? I didn't do anything, Jack, I just wanted to tell her what had happened to you! I wanted to admit to my crimes, you're the one who was possessing the damn rabbit!" Felix exclaimed, shooting out of his seat. Jack remained calm.
     "You don't understand, Felix. We both possess Bon."