||20|| Intoxicated Words

||Tyler||

A sigh of relief escaped my mouth when my extended arm gripped firmly around her hand which was twice as small as mine before I gently tugged it towards me, allowing the sweet fragrance to cocoon me in it's tranquil embrace. I could get use to this.

"I've got you Jodes." My voice came out more softly than intended but when I felt her heavy, panting breath slowly come to ease realising that she was safe, it provided me the reassurance that she had heard me. I then noticed the puckered eyelids gradually compose themselves and after a brief moment, surrender to the light whilst captivating me in a trance.

Her round, button eyes bored into mine misted with the emotions of longing, guilt and even fear - it was though I could see a fragmented reflection of her younger self cuddled into the arms of her audacious and dominating form which she concealed into her shell of comfort and isolation, hindering anything and anyone from intercepting... That included me.

Although my heart pricked at the thought because I had always been that one person who she confided in, I had to accept the bitter truth that I wasn't worthy of her trust so soon, especially after all she's been through but I won't lie, I desperately want her to. I'd do anything to keep my fingers laced around hers as she plummets through the eerie forest of darkness absentmindedly scavenging for the exit. No matter how long it takes. I want to stay beside her and remind her constantly that she wasn't alone in it, I am willing to fight with her, or perhaps even for her.

I snapped out of my thoughts when the chilly breeze stroked her face, her long fringes daintily dancing over to one side, cloaking over her eyes to protect them from residue that spiralled through the tiny tornado, almost acting as her shield from nature's mini chaos. Her new best friend.

"You really shouldn't run in those heels." Commenting with a grin, I stood her upright to her feet anticipating her next move which would either provoke me to react with a flight or fight response. However, her nose did flare ferociously with a frown painted on her face but the small groan from her mouth and the palm pressed onto her temples told me otherwise. The idiot I am then asked if she's alright.

"No I'm over the moon!" She retorted, positioning herself onto the floor with her head facing down onto her arched knees. "What do you think?"

Nice one, Tyler!

My thoughts were disrupted by the quiet 'clink' that reached my ears which urged my gaze to shift downwards where I noticed Jody's fingers struggling to clutch and retrieve the glass pitcher from my hand. In return, my lips twitched to one side and I distinctively cocked an eyebrow before taking my arms behind my back causing the expression on her face to look up at me with both, surprise and confusion.

"Give it back!" She demanded, her wide doe eyes emphasising the authority in her voice as she stood up and peaked behind me to repeat her previous actions but I increased her annoyance towards me by removing the object from her reach again.

That then proceeded for a few more times until I found my voice box creeping up my throat and I spoke.

"No."

"Why? It's mine."

"I don't see your name on it."

"Neither do I see yours."

Ok, that was a wrong move.