Monsters of our own

It's been a week since Lucas left the small town they spent they're whole childhood in. Esme was sitting in history class, she liked this class only because she sat in the back by the window, that had quite a nice view and the teacher didn't really mind her not doing the work. 

Like always she couldn't take her eyes off of the view outside, but this time it was different. She didn't want to look to her left because the seat next to her was empty. And the class was missing some kind of energy, his energy..

I had my earphones in, in one of my ears and with the other I could hear people chatting and talking. Although the room was filled with life and noises Esme's life seemed silent again, like it was before him.

"maybe I should start writing again"

I thought to myself. I used to do that a lot when I felt lost and tired, but I didn't have the energy to, so I just let that thought slide.

~~~~~~

It was 11:41 am I decided to have my lunch on the school's roof, it was more quiet there and there were only 2 people. I didn't like avoiding my friend's, but I just needed to be alone and I think they understood that.

I needed to think, to let my mind go wild, I knew I was a bit dramatic in other people's perspective, but Lucas really was the only thing keeping me alive at some points in my life. When I was sad he didn't talk or say anything to me, he just let me sob into his arms, and that was enough, he didn't need to do anything else.

It was a windy day, I was looking up at the sky thinking. At least I knew that he was under the same sky as I was and that was enough for me.. For now.

I reached my hand into the blue, cloudy sky as if I would be able to reach it. I wanted to see him, touch him, feel him, be with him. But that was close to impossible. For 4 nights straight I dreamed of him. He was running into the unknown and I was trying to chase him, but every time I miserably failed. Was it faith that's keeping us apart?

I touched the necklace he gifted me that night under the stars, I felt the craved heart shape and started sobbing. It felt so unfair that we were so far apart. "Just let me go we'll meet again soon" his words rang in my head. I put my head in my arms and whispered "why did you leave me, why did you have to leave me" I knew that it was selfish of me to say that, but I couldn't care less, he left me to fight with my own monsters alone.

The thing I didn't know was that he had monster of his own...

~~~~~~

PLAY THIS SONG NOW: Stars will fall

Two months passed since I last saw Lucas we kept in contact, but it still didn't replace the real touch and feeling of him. I finally started hanging out with friends, but I couldn't really talk around them.

Most night's I spend crying in my room or sneaking out to walk along the shore to think. Tonight was one of those nights. I was wearing my dirty Nike air force 1's and some black sweat's. I wasn't really trying anymore, I simply didn't care. But I always wore the necklace that Lucas gifted me, it sometimes felt as if I was carrying a part of him.

Lucas seemed off over text's as well, he felt more damaged and depressed, I was worried for him, I knew he had his own problem's even if he tried to hide it with his bright smile.

my bitch <3

hey, i know it's kinda late, but i just want to make sure your doing fine

helloo.. you there?

"He usually would reply in second's, but maybe he was busy" I thought to myself..

I walked some more listening to "The Beach" it was my favorite song at the moment and it helped me get my mind of of things for a while, but a bad feeling kept following me and I couldn't explain it.

After 3 hours Lucas still haven't answered me so I decided to call him. I sat on a little bench near the beach that was covered in vines and small wild flowers. Found his contact and pressed the "call" button.

It rang three times before his voice mail answered "Sorry for not answering I must be busy leave a message after the call" Hearing his voice lit up my heart a bit, but I got even more worried the bad feeling kept following me.

I looked up at the sky and the brightly shinning stars, when suddenly I saw a shooting star and at the same exact time I got a long message.

It was from Lucas..