chapter twelve.

"I'll take care of her

"I'll take care of her."

Thank fucking God. Letting out the breath I've been holding. I looked back at Atlas, an annoyed look written all over his face. He should be mad about what the fuckers did, but no. He's not mad about the spying, or the Russo's trying to take what's ours. He's not mad about the Boston mob, he's mad about leaving Ellie.

For now, we had to do what we should've done before. Talk to those fuckers. We've made a plan a few years ago, while my father was still Capo. Atlas and I had already planned killing Boston's Capo. I have no fucking clue how they were our enemies when they were on the opposite side of the country. Instead of becoming allies with them, they ended up becoming our enemies. I knew something was wrong when one of our buyers stopped showing up. How could I let it slip away? Damn it.

"Atlas?" I called my brother's name. He's been muttering words in Italian that I can understand. Does he think I don't understand the shit he's been telling Ellie?

"I'll come back for you." Atlas said in Italian, kissing Ellie's forehead. "I swear to God, I'm coming back for you." he whispered in Italian, again.

Is there a chance that everything might fuck up? Yes. Is there a chance that we might not come back home alive? Yes, but let's not think of that, not now. I need to gather Atlas's thoughts first, let him realize that I'm bringing him home no matter what. I'll bring him home even if I end up being left behind.

He is my brother, and no one touches him, or takes him away from the one he loves. No one. I sighed, remembering us when we were kids. Our childhood was taken away from us, yes. But in the dark, when everyone was asleep, and we were both hidden beneath our blankets. We read comic books, I held the flashlight while he whispered the words. We became kids at night, soldiers by morning. If I knew my life would end up like this, I could've said no. I could've stopped breathing while I was in my mother's womb.

But no, I had to be here. My brother needs me, so as long as he needs me, I'm staying. I sighed, this is fucked up. The devil might be the reason why I'm like this, but that doesn't mean my brother should be, too.

I was born to be a monster, he was born not to be one.

That's what I've told myself ever since I saw him. He doesn't know it yet, but fuck, he's the only reason why I'm facing my own problems.

The comfort bubble I had popped as soon as Oceana tapped my shoulder. Looking down at her, she held a confused gaze with me with those pouty cheeks and over-sized hoodie.

She's the other reason why.

"We need to talk." I told her. She nodded and bit her lip. I looked at Atlas, he was now sitting down near the walls like a child, his legs crossed while Ellie crouched down.

Does he want Ellie to fucking baby him?

I rolled my eyes at the sight, well... I'll figure him out later. I need to tell Oceana what the whole plan of Ellie staying with her.