XXI - It's Not The Same

Start from the beginning

The Garrison regiment isn't nearly as fun as the Scouts due to, well, the lack of you guys. I don't feel right wearing roses instead of the wings. Hopefully I'll be back in the Scouts soon. Speaking of the Scouts, I hear you guys have another expedition coming up in a few weeks. I'm nearly certain I'll be on wall patrol in Shiganshina when it happens, maybe then I'll be able to see you guys for the first time in what feels like forever.

Definitely update me on the estimate dates on when the expedition is, I want to see you guys before the possibility of you not coming back.

See you later.

Y/N

Dear Reece,

You're the glue of the group. I hope you know I'm fully relying on both you and Hange to look after the others while I'm gone, especially with how chaotic Zion is, how stressed Moblit can be and how emotionally unavailable Levi is.

I've asked Levi to stay by you guys because you're a good crowd to be around. I hope he sticks by it because I've grown to care about him, regardless of how little he speaks or how closed off he is. He's grown to tolerate you guys and I'm surprised it even got to this stage in the first place.

I would say that it's been interesting in Trost but it's been nearly as exciting as watching grass grow. I feel as though I've made no progress, in fact, I feel like instead of moving forwards I'm moving backwards. All the steps I've taken over the past six years have been with you, Zion and Sam but it just doesn't feel right without the people who I consider brothers.

Pyxis said visiting isn't a given but he said the possibility is certainly there. I hope I'll be able to see you guys soon.

Y/N

Dear Moblit,

As I'm relying on Reece and Hange to look after the group, I'm wanting you keep everyone sane from Hange and Zion's recklessness. We both know how things end when it comes to certain situations with those two, and yet they're triple the trouble when they're together.

I know you know Hange like the back of your own hand, and you're one of few people who can actually get a grip on her leash.

Oh, and if any of them do anything rash, I give you full permission to punch them.

Thank you, Moblit.

Y/N

Dear Levi,

I have five friends in the scouts regiment but surprisingly you're the one I'm the most concerned about, but you're also the one I trust fully to not break a promise.

I mean it, Levi. Stick with the group, they kept me going, they could keep you going too. I sure hope you haven't chosen to hurt yourself as a coping mechanism because for the little time I've known you for, finding you in that state hurt me a lot more than you think.

Nothing critical has happened during my short time in Garrison, I doubt anything will happen while I'm here. This regiment is not nearly as unpredictable as the Scouts and certainly not nearly as entertaining without Hange or Zion's chaotic personalities or even your sly insults.

You don't seem like the type of person who would reply to a letter, in fact, you don't seem like the type of person to even pay any attention to letters in the first place. It's kind of unfortunate, to be honest. I'm sending these letters to you guys with absolutely no guarantee they'll actually make it to you, or with no certainty that you'll even read them.

But I sure hope you find the time and energy to open these letters, as for the rest of the group. I know the others will reply when they get their letters, you're a different story. I hope you do. You're the one who I want updates on the most, even if you do claim that looking out for others will seemingly lead to my death.

I did say at one point that if I were to die protecting something I love, at least it was for a good cause, didn't I?

I'd protect you and the group with my life and many of my lifetimes after that, regardless of the short time we've known each other.

Don't forget I'll always have your back.

Y/N

***

The letter chapters I'll update in doubles :D

Hope you enjoyed!

Aishiteru

jazz<3