Chapter 33

********

********

Anaya POV:

I knew Caden was gone the moment my eyes opened come next morning. The space beside me felt empty and cold, indicating that he had been gone for some time. My mind instantly going into panic mode thinking the worst of why he had left without waking me up but my body relaxed when I saw a small note on the pillow where he had slept.

Picking it up gently, my eyes scanned over Caden's hand writing.

-You looked far too peaceful to be woken up. I'll call you in the morning. 

Laters baby-

God even his writing was gorgeous, I thought. Slumping back on the bed, my mind drifted to the events of last night and I couldn't help the flush that crept up on my face just thinking about what all had happened. Looking down, I was still in Caden's button down shirt and my cheeks flushed further.

Did he walk out of here shirtless?!

After asking him to stay the night with me, Caden had taken off his shirt and had very gently put it on me. Pulling the collar to my nose, I took a sniff. It still smelt like Caden. My lips tugged up into a smile at that.

God, I was turning into a weirdo.

Last night I had fallen asleep wrapped in his arms; my fingers tracing around the ring on his chest. It was the best sleep I had gotten in a long time. For the first time in days, I had woken up feeling refreshed. My body feeling relaxed instead of tense and a certain dark haired boy was to thank for that.

Eyeing the alarm clock by my bedside, I got out of bed, deciding it was time to get ready for school.

*****

"There you are." Turning away from my locker, I saw Stacey walking up to a stop beside me. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

Slamming the locker shut, I gave my full attention to her. "Hey, sorry... I didn't get a chance to call you in the morning." I said sheepishly.

"Are you okay?"

I could hear the concern in her voice as she eyed me from top to bottom. I almost cringed, knowing why she was looking at me like that.

"Don't do that, Stace." I shook my head.

Knowing full well what I was talking about, Stacey pinned me with a glare. "Well I'm sorry that I'm a little hesitant towards the guy after my best friend showed up at my doorstep covered in tears and blood!" She said sarcastically making me flinch back.

"That's not fair." My voice came out soft as I looked down at my black ballet flats.

Sighing, Stacey pulled me to her chest, wrapping her frail arms around me. "I'm sorry, Ana. You know I worry about you."