Chapter 10

Anaya POV:

I had fallen asleep while crying yesterday. The events of last night were still fresh. In such a short span of time, I found myself falling for Caden. Underneath the façade he had going on was a boy who was broken and hurt. I had fallen for that boy. I know I wasn't madly in love with Caden but I did have feelings for him.

I am only capable of hurting you...

Getting out of bed, I made my way downstairs. Mum and dad would be returning soon. Making myself a cup of coffee, I sat down at the dining table. Looking towards the sink, events of last night flashed in my head. Sighing, I looked down at my cup, trying to focus my attention elsewhere. The front door opening brought me out of my thoughts. Thinking it's mum and dad, I got up and made my way in front.

Instead, Brandon rounded the corner with his hand wrapped over Stacey's shoulder who looked like she was about to drop him any second... And she did. Letting go of his arm, she let him fall on the floor with a thud making me wince.

Yeah, he'll be feeling that when his hangover passes.

Huffing, Stacey stretched her arms totally ignoring the fact that I was standing there waiting for an explanation. Pushing me to the side she made her way towards the kitchen leaving her boyfriend on the floor. Was he snoring?

Shaking my head at my idiotic brother I followed Stacey who was making herself a cup of coffee. Obviously. Stacey was so addicted to caffeine that it was impossible for her to function in the morning till she had some in her system.

"What happened last night? And why is my brother snoring on the floor?" I needed some answers. Narrowing her eyes at me, she put a finger on her lip, telling me to shut up. Rolling my eyes I told her to come find me once she was done with her coffee. There was no use talking to her. She will literally just glare and scowl at me. Never mess with Stacey in the morning. I had learnt my lesson the hard way.

Walking up the stairs, I made my way towards the bathroom to take a shower. Caden's jacket on the counter beside the basin caught my eye. He must've forgotten to take it last night. Picking it up, I brought the cool material to my nose. Closing my eyes I inhaled Caden's peppermint smell. Smiling, I took it back to my room and put it on my bed, deciding to return it back to him in school next week.

After shower, I put on sweatpants and a tee-shirt. I had no intention of going out today.

"Okay... I'm ready for human interaction now." Strolling inside my room casually, Stacey jumped on the bed beside me.

"Now tell me, what happened last night?" Sitting cross legged on the bed, I turned to face her.

"Nothing exciting... Trust me Ana. Brandon got wasted last night and I got stuck babysitting him like a good girlfriend. Since I was also slightly tipsy, I couldn't drive home so we ended up sleeping at the party." She said rubbing her forehead.

Suddenly snapping her head, she reached over and picked up Caden's jacket from my bed. "Ana... wasn't Caden wearing this last night?" Biting my lip, I looked at her guiltily.

"Oh. My. God!!!!" Squealing she launched her body at me, knocking us both on the bed, with her on top of me. Getting off quickly, she clapped her hands like a freaking seal!

"Tell me... Tell me... Don't miss any detail." Rolling my eyes at her childishness, I sat up straight.

"Nothing happened Stace. He just dropped me home and I invited him in for a drink out of basic human courtesy and then he left. And he forgot the jacket." I wasn't ready to tell Stacey the details of my messed up crush on Caden King so I told her the short version.