Ⅺ. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐟𝐮𝐥

for her ,, revamped "

"You shouldn't be listening to that on Thanksgiving," I changed the radio station, rolling my eyes. "you only have to wait until midnight."

Félix scoffed, swatting my hand away from the radio. "Focus on the road." He told me pointedly, shoes rested on the dash. "Christmas music is for all year."

"No," I said, coming to a stop when the light flickered red, shoving his dirty sneakers away from the dashboard. "and Cadence will kill you if we screw up her car."

"Yeah, whatever," Félix leaned forward, opened the glove department. I was quick to shove his shoulder, car moving again.

"Quit being nosy," He groaned as I spoke, falling backward in his seat poutingly.

The store was a left then right from where we were at. I dug around in my front pocket, coming up with the sticky note Cadence had given to me. "Keep up with that." I threw it easily on his lap.

He straightened out the paper, eyes running over the words written in blue inc. "Carrot cake?" He asked in a disgusted tone. "Who likes carrot cake?"

Félix slightly fell forward when I pushed down on the breaks suddenly, backing into the parking spot I found while he spoke. "Félix, you're the only one in the family who doesn't."

"No," He argued, unbuckled. "your girl hates it, too."

I put the car in park, rolling my eyes. "Well," I said annoyed, opening my door. "my girl isn't exactly part of the family, now is she?"

Félix climbed out of the car, eyebrows pulled apart as he looked at me from over atop the roof. "Don't say that. What if she was hiding in the back seat?"

I slammed the door. "Then I'd have to hear her pout about it."

My cousin walked along side me throughout the parking lot, arms crossed. He glanced over at me, frown apparent. "What's wrong with you, man?"

"What?" The electric doors of the store slid open and we entered, grabbing a small cart. I watched as Félix flinched as a reaction to my tone.

He sighed. "You've been acting like yourself lately."

"Everyone has been saying that," I lied, pushing the cart throughout the aisles as Félix walked in sync with me. Christmas music was ringing throughout the store and it was nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

"Okay," Félix threw a pack of chocolate in the cart, speaking slowly. "if everyone is telling you that, then why don't you try and fix it?"

My jaw clenched, fist slammed impatiently onto the cart's handle. "I can't, Félix." I told him, not meeting his eyes. "I don't know what's going on."