Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"So I met the most amazing woman." Mag brags as we are at work stocking the shelves with new products for winter.

"Tell us about her!" I encourage Mag.

"She is in our play and her name is Angel. She is the one of the cards of hearts and I am her boss being the Queen of Hearts. She's so beautiful and even more exciting is she is gay and asked me out on a date." Mag blushes. El and I cheer with excitement.

"So happy for you Mag," El adds and I nod in agreement.

"Happy for you Mag!" Derek adds while he is sitting as the cash restricter waiting for some customers to come through that door.

Today is a slow business day so when we are bored at work we all talk together.

"When are you going on a date with her?" I ask Maggie.

"Tomorrow night." She adds and we all cheer.

"What should I wear?" Mag asks.

"You can wear this," I say as I grab a v-neck red sweater dress off the shelves of my store.

"Yes that is perfect. Wear some black tights and black high heels and you will look so amazing." Elle suggests.

"I can't take that dress from our store, what if someone wants it?" Mag askes.

"You know that as you work here you get forty percent off any items." I remind her.

"You are right May. Derek, check me out!" Maggie grabs the dress and buys it for herself.

"I am so happy she is dating again," Elle whispers to me while Maggie is talking with Derek.

"The last time Maggie dated that girl, whatever her name was, she truly broke her heart," I whisper to Elle.

We were in college when Maggie discovered she was gay. Her first girlfriend was Sadie and she truly loved her. But Sadie turned out to be a cheater. Maggie and Sadie dated for two years but Maggie found out that the whole time they dated, Sadie cheated on her. Maggie was heartbroken. It's truly amazing seeing Maggie going on dates because she hasn't dated many people since Sadie.

"I really hope Angel and Mag work out," I add to Elle and she nods in agreement.

"Are you dating anyone El?" I ask her.

Elle laughs and then says: "Nope. No one." Elle is bi-sexual so she dates both men and women. I have always supported Elle and Maggie with their sexuality. Once Elle told her parents that she was bi-sexual, her parents disowned her. But Mag and I were there to love her, support her, be there for her, and accept her just as she is. When Maggie told her parents that she was gay, they disowned her as well. I don't understand why people disown their children for being honest about their sexuality. I think you shouldn't have children if you hate the LGBT community. But my parents still haven't accepted Taylor as transgender so yeah. Parents really suck.

***

After work El and Mag go to theatre practice while I go home.

Once I get into my apartment I sigh in relief as I take off my work clothes and put on some soft and comfy pj's. I fix myself something to eat. Usually, when Mag and El are home they cook but since they are gone I just eat some leftovers. I can't cook much due to my chronic pain because standing so long kills my back.

After I finish eating, I pour myself a glass of white wine, I turn on the tv to New Girl, and I grab my phone. I check my messages and see this:

John Luke: Hey beautiful, I hope you are having an amazing day! Xoxo :)

It always makes me smile seeing that John Luke has texted me.

Me: Thank you! How was your day?

Little meows at me as he jumps in my lap so I pet him and sip my wine.

Within minutes John Luke texts back:

John Luke: It was busy but good. How was your day?

Me: Pretty good, business was slow today but after lunch we got pretty busy which is always good.

John Luke: If you need me to, I can come by your store tomorrow and buy something ;)

Me: You don't have to.

Luke John: Well what if we go on a date tomorrow night?

I think about that for a minute. Before I answer John Luke, I need to ask Maggie if she needs me to help her get ready for her date.

Me: Maggie, is it okay if I don't help you get ready for your date tomorrow? John Luke wants to go on a date with me. Is that okay?

Maggie: No problem girly! Have fun on your date ;)

Elle: I will help her May. You go have fun but not to much fun  ;)

Me: thank you both. You are the best :)

Maggie: we know ;)

Elle: xoxo :)

So I text back John Luke:

Me: Sure, I would love to. What time and what do you want to do?

John Luke: I will pick you up at 7 and it's a surprise ;)

Me: I hate surprises :(

John Luke: this one will be worth the wait ;)

I look at the clock on phone and see it's already eleven clock at night. I need to go to bed so I can get some rest before work tomorrow.

Me: It's getting late, I need to go to bed. Goodnight! Talk to you tomorrow! :)

John Luke: Goodnight beautiful May, sleep well! Talk to you tomorrow and see you at 7 ;) xoxo

With that I get ready for bed with a smile on my face.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

***

Hey beautiful I hope you are doing well. I hope you have an amazing day. Thank you for reading. I love you so much 💗✨💜💙

-xoxo Caty💗💜🥰✨💙