Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I open the door to my apartment to see John Luke outside holding red roses in his hands. He is wearing a black suit with a red tie and black dress shoes. He has his short blonde hair framed around his face and his blue eyes sparkle. Wow, he is beautiful.

"These are for you." He smiles at me as he hands me the red roses. I hand the roses to Maggie and Elle behind watching.

"Thank you so much." I smile back at him.

"You look beautiful Mabel." He adds and I blush and say: "Thank you."

"You ready to go?" He asks me and I nod my head.

"Have fun you two love birds!" Maggie calls out as I close the door to my apartment.

"So what are we doing tonight?" I ask him as we walk to his car.

"First we are going to dinner at Zach's." He smiles at me as he opens the door to his car. I say thank you and sit down in his car. His car is totally a rich person's car. It's a black mustang and wow is it beautiful.

John Luke gets in and car and starts it. Then he begins to drive.

"So John Luke, what do you do for a living?" I ask him while we are in the car and he is driving.

"I work a law firm. I am a family court lawyer." He explains.

"Wow that is amazing, what made you become a lawyer?" I ask him.

"My parents divorced when I was sixteen and it was horrible. My mom was a drug addict so she fought harder to do drug rather than be my mom. My Dad however was also a lawyer and fought to take care of me and my younger sister Emily. So my mom lost in the court case against my Dad, thankfully because she couldn't even take herself. So watching my Dad in the court room inspired me to help families and to help people." He adds.

"I am so glad your Dad was great to you and your sister. I am so sorry about your mom though. I can totally relate become my Dad is an alcoholic and he refuses to see that he is actually an alcoholic." I add.

"It's okay Mabel. I have my Dad and Emily. I am sorry about your Dad."

"Thank you, John Luke." I smile at him and he smiles back at me.

Once we get to Zach's which is like a really fancy restaurant for Mexican food. John Luke parks his car and then tells me to wait. Then he open to door for me and I thank him for it.

Once we get into Zach's we sit in a booth (which is what I always ask for because it helps my back pain.)

The waiter gives us our drinks: I ordered Dr. Pepper and John Luke got wine.

"So what made you decide to build your own business?" John Luke askes me while taking a sip of his wine.

"When I was sixteen, I was very anxious and struggling. So I had a therapist teach me how to crochet and I fell in love with crocheting. Then I kept crocheting and also learned how to sew, make clothes, and earrings. I start my business on a Etsy store but my shop was so popular that I was getting thousands of orders and couldn't do it all my own. So that's when I opened Mabel's Crafts actually a few weeks ago. Business has great ever since. So now I am a full time business owner." I smile and take a sip of my drink.

"That's so amazing Mabel. You should be very proud of yourself." He grins and I blush.

"Thank you. You should be very proud of yourself as well." I add and smile at him while I play with my hair. I really like this guy.

After we finish dinner, John Luke drives us to the park and we walk around and talk. After walking for a while, we have to sit down because my back is killing me.

"Are you okay? You seem like you are in pain." He askes.

"Well, I am. I have a chronic pain in my back. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia which basically means I will have constant chronic pain for the rest of my life." I explain. I know we just met but it seemed like a good time as any to tell him.

"Thank you so much for sharing that with me. What is your pain like?" He asks a really good question.

"Imagine having thousands of knives stabbing into your back every single second of every day for the rest of your life. It's truly unbearable. But I try to make the best out of life."

"That sounds so horrible, I am so sorry Mabel." He puts his arm around me and hugs me. I hug him back.

"Thank you, that means a lot." I smile at him and he smiles back.

After we walk around the park for a while, John Luke drives me back to my apartment. He walks me up to my apartment door.

"I had such an amazing time Mabel." He grins at me.

"I had an amazing time to John Luke." I blush. He hands me a card and it has his phone number on it.

"Text me when you have a chance." He adds. I smile and take the card.

"I will. Do you want to do this again?" I ask him.

"One Hundred percent yes!" He cheers and I laugh. Then he leads in and grab my waist pulling me to him. He kisses me on the lips and I kiss him back. I move in closer to him and grab his hair with hands while he puts his arms around me. His kiss is so passionate and sweet. I kiss him back. I don't know how long we kiss but when we finish I just say: "Wow."

He laughs and then says: "Yes, wow indeed. Goodnight Mabel."

"Goodnight John Luke." I wave him goodbye then open the door to my apartment. Little comes to say hi.

"How was the date?" Maggie asks me while she is sitting on the couch with Elle beside her.

"I have soo much to tell you both."

***

Hey beautiful thank you so much for reading this! I hope you are enjoying this love story as much as I am. Merry Christmas and I love you all💗💜🎄❤️🥰

-xoxo Caty💗🎄❤️🥰💜