Part 3: Welcome to The Team

As Henna walked out of the room, she couldn't help but feel a little nervous. She didn't really know what to expect or how the other members of the NPA were going to respond to her. She was also worried about how Cullen was going to react to the news. She will finally be able to show her skills as a computer tech and engineer. She almost completed her practicum in precalculus, biochemistry, and computer technology (not to mention she was also fascinated with forensics and criminology), but due to an unfortunate mental breakdown, she could not complete her studies and she had to be sent back home with Cullen. This was her chance to redeem herself. To prove to herself and others that her skills can be put to good use.

Cullen stood up as he saw Henna enter the room. He was eager and anxious to hear what the outcome was.
"Well?" He asked. "How did your interview with Ryuzaki go? What did you think of him? You were in there for quite some time."
"He is...different." Henna says simply. "Not quite what I expected, but exactly how I thought he would be. I see that he does live up to his name. He gave me insight on things that I haven't even thought of before. Also, he seems nice. He offered me coffee and cake."
Cullen chuckles.
"Of course he did, that's how he convinces people to join his team. L is...different to say the least, but he is the best there is." He then smiled and turned to Henna again. "What else did he say to you? Did he give you an answer?"
Henna paused before answering as she smiled slightly. "Cullen, you're not going to believe this but... he asked me to join the team."
Cullen almost spat out his coffee in shock. "He what?" He asked, not believing what he just heard.
"He asked me to join The Task force." Says Henna simply, "I told him about my computer programming and hacking abilities. I also mentioned that I too want to bring Kira to Justice and the amount of research I have done on each of his kills." She then put a hand on Cullen's hand, knowing that he was still shocked. "I know this is a lot to take in, Cullen. But, if you let me do this I promise you I will do whatever it takes to help you catch this madman."
After a minute or two, Cullen at last, looked at Henna. "I do hope you realize the amount of risk you are taking, Henna. This task will be gruelling, dangerous, time consuming. You are putting your life on the line every day."
"I am well aware of the risks." Says Henna calmly. "And Ryuzaki is aware as well. He too is risking his life just by showing his face to us. I'm sure he would never have come if he didn't trust us in some way." She then looked at Cullen again. "Brandon...please. I know I can do this."
Cullen looked up yet again and let out a sigh. "I really hope I don't end up regretting this decision." He thought to himself. "Alright, Henna. If Ryuzaki is asking you to join our team...then I have no choice but to comply and respect his decisions." He then stood up. "Welcome to the task force, Miss Henna."
Henna smiled happily and hugged Cullen tightly. "Thank you, Cullen, thank you! I won't let you down I promise!"
Cullen gave a smile, patting Henna's back. "I know you won't Henna. I have faith in you. And always remember, I am here with you, every step of the way."
Henna looked like she was a bout to cry with joy. "And I am with you." She says with another shaky smile.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................