Heatwaves and bandaids.

Start from the beginning

This was odd for him.

He shook his head and pointed to his neck. You squint and you could see a stray wire sticking out.

"Oh.. Is it your voice box Sunny? Well, don't worry, I'll get you fixed in no time!" You give him a reassuring pat on the arm before grabbing one of your screwdrivers from your tool belt.

"Could you lift your head please?" You ask, getting closer by standing between his legs.

He nods and tilts his head up for you. You thank him, and reach for his neck, you carefully unscrew all four of the screws before moving the metal plate out of the way to take a took at the stray wire.

It was a single blue wire, it looked like it had gotten loose, who was the idiot to fixed him last? You knew you couldn't trust a rookie to do your job for you.

You called in sick once, and they had a newbie work on him instead. You huff.

"Sunny, when you're able to talk, tell me who tried to fix you last. Because this is a mess." You say, your fingers twisting the wires back in place.

Your free hand held his faceplate, holding it in place so you could get better lighting, he seemed to heat up from your touch.

After a few seconds of searching like a needle in a haystack, you finally felt his voice box. It was cold, and bent the wrong way.

"Oh Sunny, what have they done to you?" You sigh, reaching in to take out the voice box.

It was a small silver cylinder with two modes. One for the sun and one for the moon, it would rotate depending on who was in charge for the time being.

A yellow light on it blinked, you recalibrated it, and after a minute or two it beeped signaling that the reset was complete.

"Alright, good as new. You just had a cluster of wires out of place and your voice box was dislocated. I've reset it." You smile, placing the voice box right where it belongs. Then you screwed all the screws back into place.

"Alright big guy, try it out."

Sunrise tilts his head back down to grin at you. Your hand was still on his faceplate, when he moved you felt a small switch move under your fingers. Right where his chin would be, under his permanent smile.

"Thank you thank you thank you! Y/n you're such an amazing person! So gentle with me! Yes yes yes!" He cheers, pulling you into a warm embrace.

Your cheeks flush at the praise, and you return the hug, wrapping your arms around his neck. "Aww, thanks Sunny. You're always a good boy for me."

He shudders at that, but its barely noticeable.

"Sunny, can I see that switch for a second?"

"Ooh! What switch?" He asks, tilting his head, his rays rotating with his movements.

You snicker at this, his goofyness never failing to make you laugh or smile. "I thought I felt a switch under your faceplate.. May I see it?"

He hums. "Alright sunshine! But only because you're my favorite!" He boops your nose, causing you to laugh even more.

He leans back for you once again, letting you get a better look under his mask. And sure enough, there is a small button like switch, it looked a little rusty. Like it hadn't been touched or moved in a long time.

"I found it, alright Sunny, I'm going to switch it on. Hold still for me."

It takes a second, but you finally flick it on with a little bit of force. It was stuck for a second, until you pulled it to the left.

You watched in surprise as his face clicked, he blinked a few times before his mouth opened in a large grin.

"Y/n you fixed my face! Do you have any idea how long I've tried moving my face! Sunshine you are so clever! Such a smart cookie you are!" The sun praises you once again, his mouth now moving with his words.

He had great teeth for an animatronic, and even two dull fangs. And a orange tongue.

"Woah, I had no idea you could do that. It wasn't even in your blueprints." You say, bewildered.

"It was a scrapped concept! That or.. Maybe it was lost in the archives! Either way, thank you so much sunshine!" He reached over and pinched your cheek.

"Of course Sunny. Now, I want you to be more careful, as much as I love seeing you, I don't want the higher ups to think you're breaking on me. Okay?" You rest your hand on his free one, gently stoking his knuckles.

"Okie dokie! Anything for you sunshine! I'll be much more careful!" He smiles and gives you a playful wink.

"Now, let's get you back to the daycare, it'll be naptime soon." You say, helping him off the workbench. "I'll walk you there so you don't bump into anyone."

Sunrise followed behind you, his hand still holding yours, the customers looking up at him in confusion. Having no idea why an almost ten foot tall sun was following you like a lost puppy.

If he had to pull a few wires loose just for you to hold his hand, then so be it. He knew what wires would actually break him, Moon would be thanking you later.

He'd break himself over and over if it meant he got to see you. His favorite little ray of sunshine in the whole world.

End..! I hope you enjoyed! Love sick Sunny is the best Sunny.

Have a great day or night my Starlights!