17: Its Only Just Begun

Start from the beginning

"Woah." Izuku said. He wondered if All Might ever had something like this in his house. 

"I know right?" Chiharu said with a smile. "What are you waiting for?". 

------- ------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------- ----------

"Alright kids, you have to head to your internships tomorrow so no staying up past 1 am." Keigo said as he went to bed himself. His hero shift started at 5 am so he was trying to get to sleep early. "Oh and Chiharu, leave the door open.". 

The smirk on the winged hero's face was all Haru needed to see to know that the comment was aimed at him for a reason. The black haired teen stuttered a little and blushed bright red. Worst older sibling figure ever. 

"Why can't we close the door?" Izuku asked innocently. "Um-safety concerns?" Chiharu croaked out, completely unwilling to reveal why Keigo had really said that.  

Hours later when the two settled into bed Chiharu fell asleep before his head even hit the pillow and Izuku was left awake by himself. He looked down at Chiharu's sleeping form and wondered. 

It was blunt to say this, but Chiharu had been rather shallow before. Not in how he saw others, but in how he was as a person. Cheerful in front of Izuku, blank in front of everyone else. Since entering U.A he had suffered a lot of hardships but he had developed more as a person than ever before. 

He was more confident now, both in himself and others. He was more of a leader than he had been before as well. 

And Izuku still couldn't figure out if what he felt for Chiharu was envy or not. 

To be indestructible, well it'd be hard to find a more perfect quirk to pair with One For All's body breaking nature. Izuku was a quirk analyst after all, if anyone would know it would be him. Despite the reassurances from All Might he still wondered if there were better options out there. 

Beyond that, Chiharu didn't need to earn someone else's quirk. He was doing all of this on his own and under his own power. It was what Izuku had wanted to do initially. 

But he didn't feel the familiar pangs of envy anymore. Just interest. He wanted to be closer to him, which was hard considering how close they already were. 

He couldn't bring himself to hate or envy Haru no matter how hard he tried. 

'But then' He thought, brushing Chiharu's bangs out of his face, 'what is it I feel if I'm not jealous?'. 

 ------- ------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------- ----------

Chiharu had gotten quite a lot of offers. He came in third after all, it was kind of a big deal. The put the metal on a hook above his bed and everything. 

But of course the only offer he wanted to accept was the one put forward by Keigo's agency. The hero himself hadn't even put the offer in himself, the staff at his agency just saw Chiharu and thought 'seems about right'. 

"Is anyone in here?!" He shouted. There was one answer, a sort of shout, a call for help. Taking a deep breath from his oxygen mask Chiharu pushed on, careful of where he stepped. 

Turned out Keigo's agency did a lot more than just fight bad guys. There were a lot of rescue missions, like the one Haru was on right now. 

"There you are." The hero in training said, smiling behind his mask at the scared looking middle school boy. He was hiding in the bathroom of the burning apartment. "I'm going to pick you up, is that okay?". The boy nodded furiously. 

Chiharu picked the boy up princess style and hurried over to the window. "Is anyone else inside?". When the kid shook his head for no he held him out of the window. Keigo swooped down to grab him. 

With that the building was evacuated. Chiharu jumped out of the window and landed on his feet. He was getting pretty good at that whole super hero landing thing. 

"Nice job kid." One of the firefighters said as Chiharu passed. "Just doing my job." The hero student said, "Good luck with yours.". The woman smiled and turned her attention back to the massive hose aimed at the house. 

It was a strange new feeling being confident. Chiharu didn't think it suited him. He had never really been confident in anything before. This was a whole new world for him. 

He looked up at the smoke filled night sky and took a deep breath, relieved to be out of the oxygen mask and the smokey air of the building. 

His phone buzzed so he went to check it. The job was done anyways. It was a nearby emergency so he was technically off the clock anyways. His brows furrowed at the message. 

'NYN - Zuzu shared his location'. 

Panic flowed into Chiharu's veins. He looked back to Keigo who was busy debriefing the police and other first responders. He wasn't really needed anymore. Shoving his phone back in his pocket and zipping it up Chiharu started running down the road. 

'NYN' He thought, his brain reeling. 'Need you now'. Izuku had used the secret code they made as literal 8 year olds. 

Something must be really, really wrong. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now we enter the hero killer arc! 

I've got so many cool idea for the upcoming arcs (much more romance focused because this is a love story at its very core) 

I hope that its going to be super funny and fluffy so stay tuned for that! 

(P.S. Expect the unexpected. There's always a second love interest-who do you think it is?👀)