Chapter 6

•The Next Morning•

Davina's POV:
I slowly open my eyes, yawning as I sit up in my bed. Rubbing my eyes, just before hearing a knock at the door downstairs. I raise an eyebrow, looking back at the clock. "Who the hell is knocking at my door at 7 in the morning?!" I wonder to myself as I get out of bed.

I grab my silk robe out of my closet, putting it on as I only had a tee shirt and underwear on. I tie up the robe, leaving my room as I head downstairs, hearing the knock again. "I'm coming I'm coming!" I shout as I grab the knob, opening the door. I look up as I see Kol.

"K-Kol! What're you doing here?" I ask in surprise as he's standing in my doorway. "I- well I was hoping you'd go for a walk with me?" He asked, I sighed softly. "Uhm, yeah. Let me just get ready. You can wait inside if you'd like?" I say as he gives me a small smile, I move out of the way as he walks in.

I shut the door behind him. "I'll be right back." I say before turning around and walking upstairs. I walk in my room, taking off my robe and the tee shirt I had on. I grab a bra from my drawer, putting it on.

I walk over to my closet, grabbing a green tank crop top, a pair of my grey jean shorts and my green shawl, putting it on.

(DAVINA'S OUTFIT)

I brush out my hair, letting it flow in waves

(DAVINA'S HAIR)

I look in the mirror, smiling softly to myself before grabbing my sneakers, putting them on

I look in the mirror, smiling softly to myself before grabbing my sneakers, putting them on. I leave my room, walking down the hall to Harper's room as I walk in her room. "Harper?" I call out but don't see her anywhere in her room. I raise an eyebrow as I leave her room, walking to the stairs as I go down, seeing Harper with Kol making me sigh of relief.

"Harper" I say, making them both turn to me. "Mommy!" She shouted, running up to me, making me chuckle lightly as I kneel down, picking her up. "Did you sleep okay?" I ask her as she smiled "yeah mommy" she said making me smile at her.

"How would you like to hang out with Auntie Caroline and Aunt Bonnie today?" I ask her making a small pout appear on her face. "I wanna hang out with you!" She exclaimed making me sigh. "It's only for a little bit. And, when I come and get you, we can go out for ice cream. Just me and you." I smile at her making a little, very exaggerated sigh come from her, making me chuckle.

"Okay mommy" she said still with her pout. "Don't worry darling, only for a couple hours." I reassured her, letting her down as she runs upstairs to her room. "She's adorable.. I can tell you've done an amazing job with her.." I hear Kol speak, as I look at him with a small smile.

"Thank you" I responded in a soft tone, before hearing Harper yelling for me. "I'll be right back." I say to Kol, just before heading upstairs. "What's wrong baby?" I ask as I walk in her room, seeing her shirt all on completely wrong. "I need help!" She pouted, I tried very hard not to laugh.

"Okay okay, mommy to the rescue." She say with a chuckle as I walk towards her, kneeling down helping her with her shirt. "There. Now you can see." I say, smiling at her. "Mommy can I ask a question?" She asks, making my head nod into yes. "Of course baby" I responded.

"Who's the man downstairs?" She asks me. I take a deep breath in, letting it out. I know she deserves to know.. and I don't want to keep it from her any longer..... "well... baby girl, that man downstairs, his name is Kol... and he is your father..." I say in a soft, nervous tone.

"My daddy?" She asks, tilting her head as I nod my head, just before a huge smile appeared on her face. "I have a daddy!" She exclaimed making me chuckle slightly. "If you get your pants on, you can properly introduce yourself to him." I say making her jump up and down very excitedly. I did not expect it to go this well.

She quickly grabs her pants, putting them on with my help, before she runs downstairs, with me fallowing behind her. "Slow down girl!" I yell, but of course she pays no attention to me. She runs straight to Kol, looking up at him. "Are you my daddy?" She blurts out, making Kol have a very shocked look on his face, as I chuckle lightly, he looks over to me for reinsurance, as I nod to him.

He looks back down at Harper, kneeling down to her level as he takes her little hand into his big one. "I am, darling." He responded in a soft tone as she practically jumped in his arms, wrapping her little arms around his neck tightly, he wrapped his arms around her small waist, returning the hug, with a little smile on his face.

I smile, sitting down on the step as I watch the two. Maybe Kol has changed, maybe he is here for good.... Maybe I should take the risk... but what if I end up hurt? Again? And Harper... I can't just think about me anymore.... I have my little girl to worry about...