Episode 2: Behind the Scenes 4

Start from the beginning

"I um..." Kate shrugged her shoulders. "We practice a lot so when I go back to the dorms, I really just rest."

"I get that." Jungwon said, nodding his head in agreement. "We're so busy, it's hard to find time for ourselves."

"What do you like to do then?" Kate asked, glancing over at him. Jungwon took a moment for himself to think before responding.

"Hm, I like watching movies. When it rains, I also like taking walks."

"Walking in the rain sounds nice." Kate said, thinking about it. "But won't you get sick."

"You have to dress warmly and bring an umbrella." Jungwon told her.

"Oooh, I see." Why is she so cute?

"Wait a second." Jungwon suddenly remembered something when Kate's words came out with her English accent. "You're from Canada, right?"

"I am."

"Have you ever seen the auroras?"

"The auroras?" Junwon nodded.

"The pretty colours in the night sky. Here, let me show you a picture." Jungwon said, taking his phone out.

It was already saved so it didn't take long to find, the male passing her the phone as they stopped in the hallway. Kate stared at the images, swiping through them. "Whoa, these are really pretty."

"I really want to see them one day." Jungwon told her just as Kate swiped and a selfie of him popped up. It was him in his pajamas, one that he had sent to the fans. For a stranger though, it seemed a bit too intimate. Kate seemed just as alarmed, quickly swiping back but it was clear that she had already seen it.

"Yeah, um... They look really pretty." Kate mumbled, her face beginning to flush. She started fanning herself, looking away. "When I get a chance to go back home, I should ask my family if we could go see them."

"You should." Jungwon took his phone back as Kate passed it to him. "And take pictures so you can send them to me. I would be so jealous."

"I would need your number to send it to you." Kate reminded him, a light laugh escaping her lips. "And I don't have that."

I mean, I'm here to make friends, right? Jungwon thought, passing his phone back to Kate.

"Maybe we should change that then."

...

Emma was leaving the lounge when she heard a loud crash from behind her. She turned around to see that it was one of the males from Cravity, his food dropped down on the floor in front of him.

"Ahn Seongmin! Why do you have to be so clumsy?" Seongmin cried out, quickly trying to clean it up with the few napkins though. It clearly wasn't enough though, sauce smeared all over the ground.

"I think you should call someone." Emma said quietly. Seongmin couldn't hear her though, too busy scolding himself.

At least I don't have to prepare for my performance, Emma thought, looking at the clock on the wall. There were only ten minutes remaining in their break, most of the idols already back in their changerooms.

Emma moved closer to Seongmin, taking a deep breath before bending down. She reached out, waving in front of his face.

This caught Seongmin's attention, the male looking up at her through his bangs. He was clearly surprised, blinking back tears as he tried to keep his composure. "Did you witness that?"

Emma slowly nodded, feeling bad but not wanting to lie. Seongmin was about to smack his own face in disappointment but she quickly stopped him, grabbing onto his wrist.

"Makeup." Emma reminded him, looking down to avoid his eyes. Although they were in the same company, they hardly interacted due to Emma's short trainee period.

"Right." Seongmin mumbled, nodding his head.

The two stayed there for a bit, staring at the fallen food. Neither of them seemed to know what to do, both too shy to make a move.

"You should tell someone about this." Emma said as she remembered the time. "You don't really have much time to clean it up."

"Huh?"

Emma pointed to Seongmin's clothes. "You haven't performed yet."

"Oh. Right."

Seongmin got up and Emma followed, both looking around for a staff member. They all seemed busy though, rushing to set up the stage for the performances.

"Here, I can take care of this." Emma offered, gently tugging on Seongmin's sleeve, stopping him. "You're probably stressed enough for your stage."

"I can't leave you here though." Seongmin said, looking down at her. "I made this mess so I should clean it up."

"You can pay me back some other time." Emma reassured him. "The stages are starting soon and I'm sure your group wants you back."

Seongmin smiled at her, brushing the bangs away from his face. "Thanks uh... Emma, right?"

Emma smiled back, nodding. "Yes, it's Emma. I'll see you later then, sunbae."

"Seongmin." Seongmin corrected her. "We're the same age, aren't we?"

"Seongmin it is then." Emma said, waving as Seongmin ran off.

Once he was gone, Emma stared at the mess in front of her, taking a deep breath.

Now to find someone that can help me clean this.

———————————————————————————Whoopsies i forgot this part

Whoopsies i forgot this part