23: Shenanigans

(Chapter - 23)

(Chapter - 23)

(Author's POV)

All the siblings had gathered in the gameroom. They'd all taken the days off since their father had instructed them to.

They were all engrossed in a tense game. All eyes were on the monitor mounted on the wall, rooting for their respective teams. Sunoo and Heeseung were in command just now, their eyes fixed on the monitor, hitting one button after the other on the game console as if a blink of the eye could conclude everything.

That is when Niki smirked while typing something on his phone.

"Should we ruin their game, Hyung?" Niki sent Jake a text.

"Sure, I'm in." Jake responded.

Jake turned off his phone and raised his head, grinning, as he looked at Niki.

"What's the deal with the smirks?" Y/N inquired, nudging Niki.

He was still smirking and didn't bother to respond to her.

"Are you some kind of lunatic murderer or something?" She inquired once again, but Niki glared at her, prompting her to chuckle.

"I should have taken a photo of your insane face and hung it near the front door. The thieves would flee if they saw your frightening visage." She continued to chuckle while holding her stomach.

"My cheeks and s-hahaahaa stomach hurt from laughing." She didn't stop.

"I believe the head injury had a massive impact on you. Keep your distance from me, you creepy doll!" Niki expressed everything in one breath.

"Niki, what happened?" He was nudged by Sunghoon.

"Y/N is so creepy, hyung. She is cackling like a witch!" Niki told him.

Sunghoon was taken aback as Y/N looked at him with puppy eyes.

"How can you say that? She is so cute!" Sunghoon said while pulling her cheeks.

"Ahhhh leave my cheeks oppa, it hurts." Y/N said.

"No, I won't." Sunghoon said and started pulling her cheeks harder.

Y/N got an idea at the moment and mentally smirked at it. She was going to play the best card this time.

She grabbed Sunghoon's hand and smacked herself. She burst out weeping, clutching her now-red face.

"What happened to her?" Jake asked while Y/N continued her act.

"Sunghoon oppa smacked me, it aches!" Y/N sobbed, and Jake clutched the girl tenderly.