Vol. 1: Origins (Issue #3: Great Power)

After telling Mason about his plan to get some money to help his grandfather, Y/n began working on stuff that would help. Things like a costume design for the underground fights. He can't have someone tracking him down, right?

After school, Y/n called his grandfather to tell him that he and Mason wouldn't be able to make it to FEAST for the next few days. He gave the excuse for working on a school project and whatnot. He bought it and it gave Y/n and Mason the time to experiment with his new powers.

At an abandoned warehouse, Y/n and Mason walked inside to see some chains hanging from the ceiling and random things strewn about. The two looked around as Mason whistled a bit.

Mason: "You ready, man?"

Y/n: "Ready as I can be."

Mason: "Then let's do this."

At that, Mason began setting up a camera to record Y/n who was stretching at the moment. Why record? To watch what Y/n was doing and to point out and fix his mistakes, of course.

After stretching, the camera turns on and starts recording Y/n who was standing next to a pillar.

Mason: "Alright. Test numero uno! Strength."

Y/n: "Right."

Y/n cracks his knuckles and turns to the full intact stone pillar. He then balls his hand into a fist, pulls his arm back, and slams his fist into the pillar. A whole section of it gets blown to pieces as its remains scatter across the ground.

Mason: "Whoa..."

Y/n: "Now that's what I'm talking about."

Y/n said as he turned to smile at his best pal.

Y/n: "Let's see what else I can do."

Cue the epic montage music!

Next, Y/n is seen in front of a heavy metal barrel. He kicks it and sends it through a wall.

Mason: "Damn!"

At a table, Mason is seen spinning around in a chair as Y/n wrote down something. He then showed it to Mason who stops spinning around and looks at it.

Mason: "Web formula? You came up with this yourself?"

Y/n: "Of course. Think you can work with it?"

Mason: "You handle the webshooters, I got the webs."

Y/n nods with a smile and gets back to testing out his new powers.

At Horizon, Mason is seen experimenting with the web fluid formula Y/n gave him. In the lab next door, Y/n was taking a pause on his drone and was working on making webshooters. He even sketched down a design for them.

Y/n then accidently shocked himself as, in the other lab, Mason's face was suddenly covered in web fluid since it blew up in his face

Mason: "Sunova--!"