Vol. 1: Origins (Issue #2: New Powers?)

Y/n groaned a bit as he turned in his sheets.

Sheets?

Y/n snapped his eyes open as he sat up and looked around. He was in his room, filled with science-fiction and superhero posters of Hawkeye and Tony Stark. Others were of other famous scientists, such as Norman Osborn before he became mayor of New York and even Curt Conners. On a workbench he keeps in his room was random tools with some scrap and a notebook with a pencil which he uses to write and sketch down ideas for projects and inventions. Next to his bed was a dresser that held his clothes and on top of it were some pictures of him and his family and friends, along with some old collectibles and other things he hasn't touched in years, like a Rubiks Cube. Next to it was his closet. Shelves line parts of the walls that held some trophies Y/n had earned when he was younger and a lot of other things.

Y/n was in his room in his Grandpa's apartment. How did he get here? Did his grandfather bring him here after he fell asleep? How out of it was he?

Grandpa Rick: "Hey, Y/n! Wake up, sport! I'm gonna bring you to school!"

School? School! Horizon! And since he slept in the clothes he wore yesterday, Y/n had to change his clothes. So that's what he did. He quickly shot out of his bed and went to his drawer, opening the drawers up to pull out his clothes for the day. As he did that, he stripped from his current outfit to change into today's. He ran around his room in an energetic flurry, not even noticing that he was climbing on to the wall and to the ceiling. Once he was dressed, he unknowingly walked back to the wall and back down to the floor.

Then he walked out of his room and found his backpack at the table. Then he saw his grandpa setting down some homemade breakfast burritos.

Grandpa Rick: "Mornin', champ. Feeling better?"

Y/n: "Uh, yeah, actually. Way better."

Grandpa Rick: "That's good. Glad I don't need to bring you to the doctor."

Y/n: "Me, too."

Grandpa Rick: "Now, eat up. Gonna need your energy for today."

Y/n: *smiles* "Thanks, Grandpa."

Rick nods and sits down to eat his own breakfast burrito as he looks through the mail he probably received this morning. Y/n sat down as well and began to eat his. As he did, he looked at the now loose bandage on his hand. He takes it off and looks at the spider bite, only to see that it was basically gone. Only a scar of what was there.

Y/n: "Weird..."

Grandpa Rick: "You okay, pal?"

Y/n looks up at his grandfather and nods.

Y/n: "Yeah. I'm good."

Y/n said as he took a bite of his burrito and swallowed it. Then he saw the mail on the table. The mail about rent.

Y/n knew his grandfather always had money trouble. He even offered to just go to Midtown High instead of Horizon to save money. But Rick said that his idea was "utter nonsense" and that Y/n should be going to Horizon since it was his dream. Y/n loved his grandfather, but he didn't want to be a burden on him.

Y/n: "Um... how is everything for you?"

Rick looked up from biting down on his burrito and then looked down at the mail on the table. He laughs a bit and gives his grandson a soft smile.

Grandpa Rick: "Everything's fine, Y/n. Don't need to worry about me."

Rick ruffles Y/n's hair a bit with a smile before standing up, scarfing down the rest of the burrito, and tossing the plate into the sink.