The Threads of Apollo: The City that puts Broccoli on Pizza

Nico

Nico held y/n. He was terrified of what could've happened to her. When he finally let go he pulled her up and gave her some ambrose.

"I got the thread. Here put it with the other one." y/n handed him the thread. He shoved it in the pouch. "One all we need to do now is go to San Francisco and go home. Piece of cake." She smiled at him as if she didn't almost die.

"Right, we'll shadow travel so we can get there faster." Nico said. He helped her stand and held her close. And so they went.

~Timeskip~

"Okay we need to find the address to the first hospital." Nico said as they walked into the library. It took them a hot minute but the found it. 'St. Mary's Medical Center Hospital 450 Stanyan St' They were about 15 minutes away by walking so they decided to get a couple of hours of sleep. After all, they did have some time to kill. It took them about two hours to find a cheap and affordable motel that wasn't run by monsters. But they got a room. And set there stuff down.

"Man I'm beat. How 'bout chu Nico?" y/n asked flopping on the bed. Nico locked all the locks on the door.

"Same." Nico turned around and checked the beds for bed bugs. And sure enough the right one did. (y/n wasn't on that one)

"Eww..bed bugs. So what do we do now?" y/n asked the boy.

"Easy I sleep in the bathtub or the floor and you get the bed. Simple."

"No, You get the bed. You just shadow traveled. And I know that make you tired to you get the bed and I'll take the tub." They argued until y/n proposed, "Why don't we both just share the bed. It is a queen." It was a good idea. I mean he could keep her safe and they both get the bed. But still Nico felt weird. His mother always told him to be a gentlemen but how could he be. He felt like he was in one of those crappy fanfictions written by fourteen old girls. But he reluctantly got into the bed. y/n followed shortly after. Nico put up a pillow barrier and fell asleep.

y/n

Why is it so cold in here? She shivered under the covers. Her foot touched Nico's leg. He was really warm.She quietly took down the barrier and cuddled into Nico's back. He turned over. And gave her a look. She just shrugged and then she was pulled into his chest. His warm body touched hers and immediately she was out cold.

...

The next morning she woke up alone. Then Nico walked in with McDonalds breakfast.

"What? They've got the best breakfast. And I got us coffee and soda. Well me coffee and you soda but we can switch."

"Nah. I don't like coffee. Thanks though. So what the game plan?" y/n asked sipping the soda My favorite sida? How'd he know?

"Alright so I did a little visit there and got a layout of the place and I found where it is."

"Wow..so you took away all my fun huh. How rude." She said jokingly. Nico rolled his eyes and continued.

"Anyways, it's in the display case in the gift shop. with Harpies and Gorgons. And a Cyclopes bodyguard."

"Yay, more monsters." Alright let's eat before the food gets cold then we can go get the thread." They enjoyed the McDonalds and talked strategy.

When Nico and y/n got to the hospital they immediately enacted operation: Big Mac. So y/n would go in and act all innocent. While Nico got ready for a surprise attack.

"Hi-uh Miss. I was wondering what kind of flowers you had? My mom's in the hospital and I really wanted to get her Daisies. Do you have any?"

"Listen kid, we ain't hot no flowers. we got chocolates and stuffed animals. So how about you scram." Then Nico sliced her into a shish kabob. The other two harpies and the two gorgons attacked. Nico dealt the Harpies and y/n would get the gorgons.

First thing y/n did was swing her dagger at them. They jumped back. She sliced one of the gorgons in the chest. And pushed the other into the shelves. nick-nacks and stuffed animals fell on her. Then she had a clear shot at the thing and slit it's throat. The one that was pushed into the shelves cried in anguish. She rose in a rage and jumped on the girls back. Y/n stabbed the thing in its side and then in the head. Nico was struggling with the harpies. So, y/n went over and sliced one down middle.

"Thanks." He said as he killed the last one.

"No problem. I owed you one anyway."

"Alright now you go get the thread while I got get the cyclopes." Nico stated running off. y/n quickly ran and broke the case and bagged the thread. She ran to Nico to see families and medical staff running and one calling the cops. They only had so much time now. So they began the battle. The cyclopes grew to be 10 feet. Nico ran and slid slicing at it's ankles. y/n ran around to it back and climbed up it. Nico tried another attack but was kicked into a wall.

"NICO!" y/n yelled. The cyclopes noticed her and tried to grab her. But Nico came back and sliced his leg. Finally the effects of his sword began to take affect. The leg went gang green then fell off. The infection spread all over his body killing him.

"Oh my gods. are you okay Nico?"

"Yeah I'm fi-" She touched his back, he winced in pain.

"Her take some ambrose. We only have a little left but it should ease the pain" y/n said as she nursed him.

"Thanks." He leaned in a peck her lips gently. y/n hesitated, but kissed back. They pulled apart a looked at eachother and giggled awkwardly.