Chapter two

I froze as the hat spoke. The last house I wanted to be sorted into. I looked at the floor as I walked to the Slytherin table. I didn't dare look to where James sat. I wouldn't be able to take seeing the look of disappointment on his face. I sat down next to Regulus. I stared at the table, not looking around or speaking.

"You alright?" A soft voice spoke. It was Regulus. I looked at him and shook my head.

"I'm a Potter. A whole family of Gryffindors. And I'm a Slytherin. No, I'm not okay!" I said. He looked at me sympathetically.

"You know, Sirius went through the same thing. A Gryffindor in a family of Slytherins. From what he told me, you're family would understand," Regulus spoke.

"My mother maybe. But my dad and brother... they talked nonstop about how much I'd love Gryffindor. They didn't even talk about the other houses, so excited for me to become a Gryffindor. James is probably extremely disappointed and my dad will be too once he finds out," I reply. He doesn't have time to reply before Dumbledore starts his speech. Food appears on the table after his speech, but I don't eat anything. I didn't have any kind of appetite. I got up and walked out of the great hall. I turned a corner and wandered around before finding an empty classroom. I walked inside and sat on a desk in the corner of the room. I pull my knees up to my chest and look at the wall. I heard the door open. I looked over to see Remus walk in.

"You alright?" He asked as he sat down next to me. I shook my head.

"Was James disappointed?" I asked quietly. Remus looks down. That's all I needed to know. I hold back some tears, not wanting to cry in front of Remus.

"He'll get over it. Still in shock, probably," Remus replied. I shook my head.

"No... He'll always be disappointed. He'll just get better and better at hiding it. He and my dad were always so proud to have a family of Gryffindors. I can't imagine how let down they are, now that's ruined by me being a Slytherin. Gryffindors and Slytherins hate each other," I say quietly. A few tears come out. Remus hugged me. I was startled at first but hugged him back.

"I don't hate you," he said once we pulled away from the hug. I smiled. He took a deep breath. "I'm an outsider in my family too." I looked at him, confused.

"Huh?" I asked.

"I-I don't really want to go into detail," he said. I nodded, understanding. He looks at me curiously.

"What?" I ask.

"You're hair... it's dark blue?" He said. I chuckled.

"Oh yeah. I'm a metamorphmagus," I say.

"Wow. Cool!" He says. I smile.

"Remus?!? Where the heck are you, dude?" A familiar voice says. My eyes widen. James. I wasn't ready to see him yet. Remus looked at me and seemed to understand what I was thinking.

He got up and began walking out of the room. But, before he can leave, James, Sirius and Peter bust into the room. They don't see me right away.

"What are you doing in here? Why'd you leave the feast so fast? We saved you food-" Sirius said. He made eye contact with me. I wiped away my tears quickly. James followed his gaze and looked at me.

"Oh. Come on. Let's go to the Gryffindor common room," James said before turning to leave. Peter followed. Sirius looked at me a bit longer before leaving with Remus. I sighed. He barely payed attention to me. A while later, one of the professors saw me, scolded me, and sent me to the Slytherin common room. I ignored everyone and went straight to my dorm. I saw that my luggage was already there. I went to grab my journal and opened it. I looked inside and saw that the entries weren't mine. I looked inside the front cover and saw the words
Property of Remus Lupin.