Chapter 18: To the Club

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Hello," he answered accidentally pressing the speaker button.

"Robert, you're gonna be the death of me! Didn't I tell you to tell Hannah to call me back?" I could hear Tina on the phone. Her voice sounded annoyed.

"Oh, I forgot. She's here, you can talk to her all you want and put my ear at ease." Robert handed me his phone, not apologizing to Tina for his lack of manners. I took the phone from him.

"Hi Miss Payne," I said. "I'm sorry, a bastard broke my phone so I couldn't call you for an update on him."

"Hey Hannah, I know he's an ass. I'll make sure he gets you a new one." Robert's manager, Tina Payne said not aware that the phone was on speaker and Robert could hear her.

"Did you just call me an ass, Tina?" Robert asked, raised his eyebrow, pretending to be mad. "I feel insulted. And don't worry, I'll get her a new one. Anyway her old one was a junk."

"Hey, it's not a junk. I know I don't own an expensive phone like you but that doesn't mean you could make fun of it."

"I wasn't making fun, I was just stating a fact." He said not feeling guilty at all for making fun of my one and only phone.

"Now listen you guys since we're on speaker, I'll let you know the plan for the evening. Robert, before you reach the club, let Hannah take the wheel. Hannah, you will drive Robert to the main entrance, he will walk down the red carpet while you go at the back to park the car."

"You want Hannah to ride my baby?" Robert asked.

"Yes, Rob. And Hannah, you'll get in through the back door."

"Ok Miss Payne. But shouldn't a valet park the car?" I asked not trusting myself with Robert's baby.

"Yes but we don't thrust the valet. So as his bodyguard, you'll park the car. Is that ok, Hannah?"

"Yes, Miss Payne." I was the bodyguard, so I guessed it was my job to do that.

"Alright, see you guys in a bit." Tina hung up the phone. Robert then turned the ignition to a gas station.

Robert got down from his car, I got down too.

"Come on let's get you some coffee so your eyes won't shut when you drive my baby," Robert said, guiding us to the espresso machine. "What do you want, white or black coffee?"

"Black coffee," I said, while pointing at the machine. Then, I realized I didn't have my purse with me. "Hmm, I don't feel like having coffee anymore."

"Don't be silly, I'll pay for it and there's no need for you to be dramatic about it."

"What? I'm not being dramatic about it."

"Yes, you are."

"Ok, fine! Get me mocha then since you're paying." I said feeling quite irritated that he knew the reason.

"Now aren't you a good girl." He smirked while he pressed the mocha button.

I took the cup from him, it was very hot. "Thank you." I said.

When we went back to the car, Robert asked me to take the wheel. He took my mocha and placed it in the cup holder. I wasn't sure how to drive a Ferrari; it was my first time to drive a convertible. I sat on the driver seat while Robert took the passenger seat.

"Be delicate with the accelerator. Don't press too hard or you'll find yourself speeding into a tree." Robert as always, being too full of himself. He thought he was the only one who could drive, then I'll show him my talent.

I pressed on the accelerator and hit the road again. I began to hit a little harder, trying to intimidate Robert.

"Hannah, I said be delicate, you don't want to kill us now, do you?" Robert was feeling tensed with my driving skills.

I cocked my head to the side and said, "I'm being as delicate as I can, sir. Now chill back and let me drive."

"Don't take your eyes of the road Hannah."

"Oh, shut up sir." Now, I was the one doing the smirking.

"What's with the sir?" He groaned disapproving me calling him sir.

"Well, I have to call you sir right since I'm your bodyguard, sir."

"But you didn't call me that for a while."

"That's because I wasn't on duty and now that I'm back on duty, I can't call you bastard, can I?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "What am I going to do with you, sweetheart?"

"You can't call me sweetheart."

"Why not?" Robert adjusted himself on his seat so that his attention was fully on mine as if I was Cleopatra. He made me feel completely uncomfortable.

"Because I'm your bodyguard."

"Oh sweetheart, I'm your boss and can call you whatever I want."

"Sir, that's not fair."

"Everything is fair in love and war, sweetheart."

"Sir, stop being dramatic . There's no love and certainly no war."

"We'll see, sweetheart." He winked at me. "Take you left, sweetheart."

I turned to the left.

"Then take your right, sweetheart."

"Yes sir." I groaned, turning to my right.

"Go ahead and you'll see a signboard, after that take the final turned to the right again, sweetheart."

"Yes, sir."

"Sweetheart..."

"Sir..."

Robert was annoying. I drove ahead until I spotted the signboard he said. I looked at the signboard to know where we were.

Welcome to Newville

Newville? We were going to Newville. God, no, this couldn't be happening. Maybe my eyes misread it.

****

Thanks for reading and voting. It gives me the courage to write more. Is anyone facing problem in viewing my story? Or having problem reading it? You can remove it from you library and add it again. Until then,  good bye..and prepare to land in Newville.